Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

    I’m Morgan, freediver, doing UW for few years now. I use to shot with a Sony A6300 in an Ikelite housing, but have upgraded few month ago fo the Sony A7III in a Nauticam housing, that I combine with the 28mm + WWL-1 or with the Nikonos 15mm.

    I also love to shot with an old Nikonos V.

  2. Hi,

    I'm Linda. First camera was a Sea&Sea MotorMarine II (20 years ago). Since then upgraded through all kinds of camera's to the system I'm using for last 4 years, an Olympus OM-D 5MII. 

  3. Hey guys!

     

    My name is David, and I'm an aspiring big-wave surf photographer! I'm 22 years old and have been swimming in waters From OB (sf) to Santa Cruz for around 6 years. Started from land then graduated to water gear which has changed my whole perspective on photography. I am also an avid surfer here in Nor Cal which helps with the positioning and timing of surf photography. 

    stoked to start posting a bunch! 

    Thanks for reading, 

    DG

  4. Hi. Started diving in 1974 with a Nikonos in hand.  No strobe, no corrective lenses in my dive mask, despite being blind in one eye and deaf in the other.  :-)  Started wearing contact lenses while diving, which many said not to do.  Had a leak or two until Bob Warkenton at Southern Nikonos Service Center raked me over the coals (his bedside manner was horrible, but was right) and started taking better better care of the equipment.  After using a housed film camera for years went digital in 2007. 

    Edited by ParkChapman
  5. Greetings

    Finally managed to house my D810 and looking forward to gaining a few tips and tricks to ease this steep learning curve.

  6. Hello! We wanted to do some diving with larger pelagics so just recently got certified. We’ve been all Sony for a few years now above water and plan on continuing to build an UW system with our Sony gear as well. Looking forward to being a part of the community and I hope to be able to contribute eventually as well!

  7. Hi,

     

    I'm Dylan and am from Brisbane Australia.

    Complete amateur to underwater photography, looking to get some tips from this wet pixel brains  trust!

     

     

  8. Hello!

    My name is Scott Roberts, I've been diving for about 10 years now and started taking photos underwater three years ago when I was given a gopro. After one trip with the gopro I was hooked, saved up all of my money from a summer internship and bought a Panasonic LX10 set up, loved it and used it for about a year until I graduated university when I took the step into the m 4/3 world with an Olympus OMd em5 mkii. Spent the next 6 months traveling and learning more and more about photography. Still in love with it and actually just upgraded to an Olympus Em-1 mkii in a nauticam housing! Excited to keep growing!

  9. Hi! I've been diving for just 6 years now, almost always with my old Canon S100. Quite recently, I decided to upgrade and bought a new camera and two strobes. Now I am just trying to get to know them and it's been quite a lot of fun so far :) Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the forum. Have a nice day!

  10. Hiyo.
    I've been diving since 2010 and doing underwater photography since dive 15 or so, before Adv Open Water. I'm in the middle of transitioning my land photography from Micro 4/3 to full frame mirrorless and one of my main concerns is shifting my uw M43 setup to ff setup. Money and size mostly. I'm here to learn and share with a likeminded community.


    I primarily dive in Monterey, California, so majority of my photos are macro (15 foot vis, woo). I used to go to the university there so I was in the water 5 days a week. Now I live up in San Francisco which means I can't just drop everything and get in when the water looks good. I'd really like to gain experience with wide angle underwater photography.


    Here's my flickr album.

  11. Hi,

    I retired to Roatan, Honduras full time in 2016.  Since then I've been diving and taking photos a few times every week.  Looking forward to participating in this forum.

    FYI: the first link in the following thread is giving "We could not locate the item you are trying to view."

    https://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52515-how-to-post-topics-on-the-forum-for-new-members/

    Regards,

    --Kal

     

  12. I'm Andy, Norwegian but live in Thailand and work as an underwater filmmaker. Hope to meet many like-minded divers on here, I've never actually been part of a forum before but hey, this covid thing is keeping me dry haha

  13. Hi everyone,

    Like many folks, I am trying to improve my photography skills by looking at online resources as we continue to limit our movements  due to covid-19. I am a conservation biologist in Florida that has worked in the sea turtle community for over 25 years. I combined my love of water and profession about 10 years ago when I started diving, and then just a few years ago I started integrating my love of photography. I am trying to upgrade my camera system now and plan to use this forum to learn from all the great minds that come here.

    Happy diving!

  14. Hi everyone,

    My name is Enrico I'm from Italy but I live and work in Indonesia (Jakarta). I'm just a beginner with my G7XII, 2 Inon D-2000,  an AOI bie eye lense and a Fantasea supermacro +12.5 lens.

    I'm here to learn and exchange experience and suggestion about diving and UW photography

    Enjoying the opportunity to live in Indonesia ;-)

    Happy diving !!!

     

     

     

     

  15. Hello :)

    My name is Tim and I'm based near Auckland in New Zealand. Have been diving for about 2 years and doing under water photography for about 1 1/2 years of that.

    I currently have an Ikelite housing and a Canon 550D which I've been mostly using for wide angle shots. I do not have strobes for it so have been mostly cranking the ISO way up and doing what I can. I've still achieved some shots that I'm really proud of!

    I've recently purchased a Subal housing for a Nikon D300 as well as a Heinrichs Weikamp Digital Adapter to use with some old Sea&Sea strobes I've picked up along the way. This should be a great macro set up as it has a good view finder. I'm excited to see what comes of it.

    I've got a DIY attitude and not a huge budget so like to make and play with things rather than buying new and expensive toys.

    Can't wait until we get out of our lockdown and I can get wet!

  16. 1 hour ago, BaTnz said:

    Hello :)

    My name is Tim and I'm based near Auckland in New Zealand. Have been diving for about 2 years and doing under water photography for about 1 1/2 years of that.

    I currently have an Ikelite housing and a Canon 550D which I've been mostly using for wide angle shots. I do not have strobes for it so have been mostly cranking the ISO way up and doing what I can. I've still achieved some shots that I'm really proud of!

    I've recently purchased a Subal housing for a Nikon D300 as well as a Heinrichs Weikamp Digital Adapter to use with some old Sea&Sea strobes I've picked up along the way. This should be a great macro set up as it has a good view finder. I'm excited to see what comes of it.

    I've got a DIY attitude and not a huge budget so like to make and play with things rather than buying new and expensive toys.

    Can't wait until we get out of our lockdown and I can get wet!

    Hey Tim

    Welcome aboard from another Tim. As a former Subal/NikonD300 owner myself, it's a great combination. As is the HW adapter.

    Have fun with it all. When we can all get wet again.......

  17. Hi all,

    My name is Moritz Schmid and I go scuba diving whenever I can do so (unfortunately not so very often :( ). The last time was in the Azores. I did take picture and videos with my GoPro.

     

    The reason I am here though is that some colleagues and me are working on a scientific paper where we look at the feeding of chaetognaths/arrow worms. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaetognatha

     

    They are pretty cool creatures and thought to be mostly carnivorous, however, recent evidence points towards omnivory including diatoms, at least in some species.

     

    If anybody has pictures they took underwater that show those arrow worms, we'd appreciate a ping. We'd be interested if chaetognaths you took pictures of have some visible prey in their guts. 

     

    If your picture makes it into the paper you will definitely be mentioned in the acknowledgements, and the photo would be attributed to you in the text.

     

    Best regards,

    Moritz

     

     

  18. Hi Divers!
    Jeff from the awesome Pacific Northwest Region of the USA.
    A decade of diving, teaching and now trying to get serious taking photos underwater.

    I've been a lurker for a number of years but have some questions about photo gear and also editing photos.

    Thanks,
    Jeff

  19. Hi:  I am Greg Holder from Tampa.  I have been diving since 1971 having grown up in Melbourne, FL.  After time in the military, I returned to Florida from Korea and begain diving again in earnest.  For over 25 years, we would take a yearly trip to the Tortugas on the Ultimate Getaway on Memorial Day weekend with 20 close friends.  I now dive the east coast of Florida and take trips out of the country to various locations to engage in my passion, underwater photography.  I plan to watch and learn from Wet Pixel and enjoy hearing from those with much more photography experience.  Thanks for the tips.

  20. Hey guys I’m new to the site! I’ve been shooting sharks for 7 years now and can’t wait to shoot more!

    Edited by sharkbytesmatt — Rules
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.