Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi.  I'm Jon Tillinghast, a 70-year-old diver certified in 1982 by Bert Kilbride in the British Virgin Islands.  Finally realized a long-standing bucket list project by spending a week at Raja Ampat and taking whale shark and hammerhead videos in the Galapagos.  Looking forward to sharing some tales and videos before sailing off into the sunset.

  2. Hi.  My name is David and I have been diving for ~10 years.  I started with a sealife camera and just moved up from that a couple of times.  Everytime I dive, I have a camera so on those rare occasions when I dont have it with me, I dont know what to do with my hands!  Interested in learning more on the topic and reading other's stories.

  3. Hey there,

    I have started underwater photography this year with a 1 month trip in Mozambique. First dives made me realize how different it is from surface photography!

    I d be happy to share my progress and also read about equipment and techniques reviews. 

     

    David

     

    IMG_3514.jpg

  4. Hello from frosty Alberta Canada. Been diving 3 yrs, late to the game at 55 when OW certified. Somewhere around 100 tropical dives and rising. Started with a Gopro hero 3 black on a pole, hero 6 on a tray with a cheap video light, hero 7 with Inon wide angle close up lens and a pair of Fenix sd11's. Just picked up a used Olympus TG-5, so got a seafrogs housing, backscatter M52 wide Air lens and built a fiber optic snoot. Headed back to Bali for  Feb/Mar 2020. My video library https://vimeo.com/user2152272/videos

  5. Our (Sandy and Bob) diving avocation began in 2006 when we began a 3-year residence in Singapore.  We took advantage of the excellent access to diving sites in Southeast Asia and after coming back to Colorado we continue to return to Southeast Asia, especially to Bunaken Marine Park near Manado in Sulawesi. Trips are about 3 weeks with a goal of 3 dives per day.  We prefer staying at dive centers.  Live-aboard is not an option (seasickness).
    We are both advanced open water with no ambitions to venture into the decompression zone. We both have about 200 dives in our log.   We own our own gear; BCs, regulators, etc.  We do like to take photos of what we see on our dives with the purpose of recording our trips and sharing with family and friends. Photo equipment is Canon G9 and G10 with Canon underwater housings. 

     

     

  6. Hello all, 

    I'm new here, my name is Bex from Indonesia and  I'm currently living in Australia. I've always been interested in underwater photography for years. Tho I have a very basic compact camera with additional lens and light, I made many of sharks videos and photos. Sharks are my spirit animals, so I always love to make videos of them purposely to change people's interpretation about sharks. 

    I always want to upgrade my underwater camera that just in simple way(with additional fish-eye lens/wide angle lens + light) ,but create good quality videos and photos and affordable. I see you are all very professional, so I need your suggestions for these. 

    Cheers,

    Bex

     

    P5183073.jpg

    Edited by Bex
  7. Hello to all,

    My name is Jim Grady. I live in Southern California. I have been diving since 1979, and over the last several years taken up underwater photography. It has become a bit of a passion. I am currently shooting with a Nikon D7100 in a Sea&Sea housing.

     About three years ago, I started diving the SF2 CCR almost exclusively. I have been amazed at how it has allowed me to get closer to marine life, by not making so much noise.

    A friend of mine suggested that I check out Wetpixel as a great photography resource. I am looking forward to sharing ideas and learning more to improve my photography.

     Cheers

  8. Hi There,

    I have been diving since 2010. I'm here to improve photography skills! I shoot Sony.

  9. Hi everyone, I'm Mike a Brit based in Singapore and taking advantage to being so close to all the great diving locations in Asia. I've recently changed career and become a professional photographer (on land). I first took a compact camera underwater 2 years ago and still have a lot to learn. Just migrated my land kit from Canon to Sony and looking forward to taking my A7RIV for it's first dive later this week. (if I can get the strobes to fire!!).

  10. Hi everybody!

    I'm Rubén, I'm a Spanish videographer. I love diving and since I started I'm fascinated with underwater photography. I've been going around this forum for a while, so thought it would be good to introduce myself. I hope to start sharing some work soon!

  11. Whew!  You guys don't make it easy to find this thread.

    Hello All!  My name is Joe and I am not new to photography or diving, but kinda new to putting them together.  I currently live on the island of Roatan so I have plenty of opportunity to learn new things.  So I'm hear for that and maybe finding some used gear.  Just bought a Canon G7X Mark II and housing!!!

    WPR-0384.jpg

  12. hah, agreed, Joe!

     

    I've been shooting on and off for the past 15 yrs or so. Just getting into UW photography after getting a housing for my dslr and after getting tired of mediocre results from a gopro. 

  13. Hi guys, 

    First I would like to congratulate all new members that took less time than me to figure out how to post in here. It took me half a day searching through this site to figure out how to post lol.

     Anyway, my twin brother has been doing underwater photography for a few years now with a Nikon D800 and I've been extremely jealous of his pictures. I've been following him around on dives for the past 8 or so years with a gopro, then a Nikon J1, then a Panasonic LX10. I didn't want to spend the money on a big rig like my brothers D800. But now that Sony has been releasing these crazy full frame mirrorless cameras every other week causing the prices of the older cameras in their full frame series to drop, I'm taking the plunge. With the power of all my credit cards combined I'm now going all in and I am currently building my rig for the Sony A7rii. I'm really excited to learn from everyone on this forum and I love looking at everyone's pictures, even though they usually make me jealous.  

  14. Morning from Dubai everyone!  I was just in Lembeh and spoke with a friend about selling my old camera set-up and he suggested that I look up this forum....  apparently I have been living under a rock - there is so much content here!  Will definitely get into more of it, but as for me I'm a semi-retired instructor, been diving since 1998 and love all things under the water (especially if they are tiny and adorable).   I am thinking that I will get "sucked down the internet rabbit hole" here with all of the chatter, but can't be a bad thing.  Now to process over 2000 pics from my trip!  Looking forward to participating. 

     

  15. hello

    my names Cory. Lucky enough to spend most my days in the water off the Kona coast on the big island of Hawaii. Most all the diving I do is Freediving and I spend most my time offshore.

     

    Cheers!

  16. Hi everyone !

     

    I'm César, from France. I've been diving for the last 10 years and taking underwater photos for the last 6. I've been shooting for many years with my Canon S95 and I'm currently looking to build my rig for my little Fuji. Not that easy as there not that many Fuji underwater photographers.

  17. I had the same problem trying to find a way to post something on the site.  Thanks to Adam Hanlon for pointing me in the right direction.

    Now, back to ordering my new setup from Backscatter.

  18. Hi, my name is Tobias living in London. I began diving 35 years ago. I have a Panasonic LX7 in Nauticam housing with Sea & Sea YS-D2 strobes.

  19. Hi I'm Nick from Surrey in England. I am currently at Leicester University studying Medicine and spend almost all of my student loans on scuba diving. I started diving when I was 18 and have been obsessed since, I am a keen and very amateur underwater photographer! I intend to use this forum to pick up useful bits of advice on underwater photography and equipment use as well as using the excellent classifieds forum! 

    Nick

  20. Hello All,

     

    Quick intro...

     

    My name is Scott and I live in Virginia (USA).I got certified in the '80s, lived for a time in Grand Cayman in the late '80s but only became an active, avid diver since my wife got certified in Grand Cayman in 2017.  Since then we've taken diving trips to Cancun twice (diving the Cenotes and snorkeling with whalesharks), Hawaii, West Palm Beach  (Blue Heron Bridge), Bonaire (Buddy Dive Resort) and Roatan (Coco View Resort) (ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!).  We have upcoming trips on the Cayman Aggressor V, Coco View Resort (Roatan, Honduras) and Wakatobi (S. Sulawesi, Indonesia).

    see https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xuDUDl-owTKqFR3LayWOGIxF5UVXrs4h/view

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.