Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello,

    Mikołaj from Poland. Working as a cinematographer I travel a lot and dive whenever I have day off. Sometimes shoot underwater film projects as well. Hope to meet creative people and get some knowledge about UW photography!

     

    foczi_lg.jpg

    Edited by Mikołaj Syguda
  2. Howdy, do you ever make it to Southern Florida?

  3. Hi all !

    I'm Jerome, a French guy lost in California :)

    I've been scuba diving for years now and I try to bring my camera underwater as much as I can, as photography is my second passion, right after being in/on/under the water.

    I'm an eternal beginner and I'm sure I'll find interesting and relevant advices here !

     

     

     

  4. Greetings!

    I am Chris from South Africa. Been interested in UW photography for a while and have recently invested in a D750. Will be combing these forums for tips, tricks & advice.

    Cheers.

  5. Hi all , just coming back to underwater photos after a few years away.  Onlybdive on holiday in small groups so need a compact system.  My old canon s95 still works but I found the strobe and full system a lot of work in these group dives. I am considering selling and buying an Olymus tg6  .

    i am in the uk  and will be diving in the Maldives in the summer. Mostly drift dives and visibility can be difficult this time of year so mainly photos of what's living in the reef walls oh and turtles.

    any help or advise will be good.

    may post a classified for my canon ,Inon system later depending on what I find out.

    cheers and looking forward to hearing from you

    james

  6. Hello all!

    I used to dive a lot but took an extended break from the sport. Just getting back into it and want to add some videography into my repertoire. Hoping to learn a lot from this community!

  7. Hello All,

     

    Have been diving pretty consistently for 6 years with around 500 dives under my belt. finally decided to get a camera as some of the places i was visiting deserve to be photographed.

     

    I've gone out and got a sony rx100 m iv with a nauticam housing. looking to buy a wide angle lens next followed by strobes and arms etc.

     

    thanks again

  8. Hi! 

    I've been doing photography topside for a while now, and just transitioning into underwater photography. 

    Looking forward to learning a lot from this community! 

     

  9. Hi, my name is Turandot. I am an underwater photographer enthusiast. I have been reading the forum for years but I have now decided to join and start participating in the forums.

    I'm using an Canon S110 in Recasea housing. 

    Glad to be here!

  10. Hi, I'm Juan Carlos. I'm from Mexico, but currently live in CA, where I study Marine Sciences and try to do some UW photography.

  11. Hi Everyone,

     

    My name is Jim  I have been diving for about 7 years now.  I love to dive and have been working on my underwater photography.  My set up now is a Sonya6000 with 19mm sigma lense with Nauticam wet wide attached. I shoot with inon strobes and use a Nauticam housing,.

    I a hoping to meet new divers/photographers /videographers etc to share images stories, videos and hopefully buy and well some equipment.

  12. Just joined the forum. I am currently shooting a S90 with a FIX housing. I had previously used a number of film cameras. Just now have purchased a Nauticam NA-6400 and am looking forward to the coming dive season to break it in.

    James

     

     

  13. Hi, I'm Grant and I'm based in Manly, Australia. Been a photography for a while now and keen to get into underwater photography, mainly surf photography and a bit of free diving.

  14. Hey everyone I'm Shaun. I have only been photographing underwater since May last year, but I'm really enjoying it.

    Using the RX100 VA and 2 x Inon S2000 strobes. However, I've just upgraded to Z330's. :)

  15. Long time shutter bug, short time diver. Just trying to learn what I can before plunking down some money on an underwater rig. My current system is Pentax and nobody makes housings so I'll probably have to try something new. I guess no time like the present to try out mirrorless.

  16. I'm Chris and after a long time reading - and learning - on the forum, I decided to join ;-)

  17. Hello everyone.  I've been trying my best at uw photography for about 8 years now whenever I can get the chance to get underwater.  Recently picked up a Panasonic G9/Nauticam housing with the Panasonic 8mm FE, Panasonic 8-18, and Olympus 60mm, using S&S YSD2J.  Before this I was shooting an Oly EPL3.  I just love the m4/3 system.

    It's a never ending journey of learning and I love reading all your informative posts, looking at all the amazing pictures being posted and watching the amazing videos of destinations I hope to visit one day!

  18. Thanks for the add Wetpixel.

    Hi everyone, I'm Shan, I've been diving for about 25 years and I still think it's one of the best things anyone can possibly do with their time and I wish I could dive every day!
    Many years ago I got a Sea & Sea underwater camera with the fixed flash on top, but graduated a few years ago to a Canon 5D Miii and a Nauticam housing. I call her Big Bertha and I love her to absolute bits!
    I post pics to Insta (shannonearnshaw_uw) and I'm trying to get better at doing this more often - it just seems to take me so long and I can never decide what #'s to use.
    Anyway, looking forward to being part of this community :)

  19. Hi,

    My name is Rob Provost and I am an amateur photographer trying to get into underwater photography.  I snorkel & SCUBA.  Recently took 10,000 plus photos on safari in Africa and I'm preparing for a trip to Fiji & Tonga later this year.

    Own a Canon T6i with 18-55mm & 70-300mm Canon lenses and Tokina 10-17mm fisheye.

    Any suggestions for a good entry level underwater housing and lens dome?

  20. Looking at the Ikelite 200DL for my Canon 750D (T6i) but having a heck of a time finding one on the classified forum.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.