Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello All,

    I'm a long time member of semi-related online communities... DP Review, ScubaBoard, etc. but this is my first time focusing seriously on the intersection of cameras and diving.  I've spent a couple years getting my feet wet with GoPros and am hoping to transition into a higher quality video rig this year.  Figured this would be the spot to learn about the way I want to do it.

    Thanks, bS :)

  2. Greetings from Berlin!

    I have been diving for 25 years around the world and doing underwater photography for a long time. Glad that I found this forum and looking forward to becoming a part of your community.

    Ingo

     

     

  3. Been following wetpixel for a while finally saying hello!

  4. Hello everyone.
    My name is sandro, I am new to underwater photography and a newly registered member here. I hope to learn a lot by reading this forum.
    I want to thank everyone for the excellent messages I have read here. It's a big community, and it's nice to be part of it.

  5. *found it 

     

    Edited by Spitfire
  6. Hei there

    just wanted to give you all a quick hello from Switzerland.

    I dive all year round but prefer the warm water over the cold due to the photography abilities without gloves :)

    cheers

    pat

     

  7. Hi

    I'm Steve from Melbourne Australia.

    I've been diving for nearly 3 years and taking underwater photos for 2. I love it.

    Thanks for having me :)

     

  8. Hi,

    Martin from Copenhagen, Denmark. Keen photographer/videographer over water. Have been diving for many years, and what to take my photography under water. Main interests are wrecks and the critters that live there. 

  9. Hi from New Zealand.

    I’m an avid wildlife photographer but have never ventured underwater (photography wise). We are off to swim with whales in Tonga in September and so thought I’d buy an Olympus tough, housing and backscatter lens (vs underwater housing for my canon gear).

    Any other thoughts or suggestions gratefully received.

    Jayne

     

  10. Hi Guys

    Just signed up and excited to be part of the community. I probably should of joined along time ago, as I know a few members from past dive trips. 
     

    My name is Steve Benjamin and I live and dive in Cape Town, South Africa. Back in 2009 I started company called Animal Ocean which focuses on tourist day trips to snorkel with Cape Fur Seals in Hout Bay. We also run trips to interesting places occasionally and facilitate film shoots. 
     

    I spent most of my time freediving and photographing with a Sony A7S II and Nauticam housing. I used to have a Subal with a Nikon D70, but that recently flooded. 

    If I was to pick a “bucket list” marine encounter that I have NOT don’t , it’s photographing Sperm Whales. 
     

    Nice to meet you all, and if anyone have questions about diving in Cape Town. Don’t hesitate to get in touch. 

    You can find me on Instagram @animal_ocean or sealsnoreling.com 

    cheers 

    Steve 
     

     

  11. Hello,

    I am Rob Fornell and have been into photography for going on 8 years. Mostly Sony above water and GoPro below. I just received a Sea Frogs Salt Line A6XXX  I received the standard port the Macro Port, and the 6 Dome. I will be using a A6500 and already own the 90 MM Macro 2.8 GM and the 10-18 F4. I have several other lenses that are on the list but these are where I am starting. I found this site after looking for information on setting buoyancy before taking on a dive. I will need to be close being that we are leaving for a few dives in the beginning of March and will be in Cozumel. I was surprised at how much valuable information is on this site. I will most likely using renting Kraken 5000s+’s for our first trip being the lighting is a serious cost and I want to make sure I have what I need but not more. We dive twice a year beginning of the year a week and beginning of Sept 2 weeks.

    Any examples or pics of where and how you added weight or buoyancy for the Macro Port and the 6" Dome would be greatly appreciated. 

  12. Hi all, im Diarmuid from Ireland and I started underwater photography two years ago and love it. 

  13. Hi my name is Chris.  I started to dive fairly regularly the last 5 years. I live on Vancouver Island however I much prefer warm water diving.  I started taking photos with an Olympus OM-D E-M1 5 yrs ago and 18 months ago moved to a Nikon 850. My favorite dive destination is Raja Ampat.   

  14. Hi I'm Mike from St Croix, USVI

     

    I'm currently shooting with a Canon EOS M6 in a Sea Frogs housing.

     

    Mike

  15. Hi!

    I'm Charles and currently live and dive in Southern California. I shoot with an Olympus EM-1 MK1 but really need a lot more practice. I'm here to pick up some tips and check out the classified section!

  16. Hi I'm Paul,

    Based in Scotland, I've been focusing on Green Water Photography, Both Macro and Wide Angle Stills. 

    Also bought a Go Pro Hero 7 Black video last year, started playing with Video.

  17. Hi! I’m Christa! I mainly shoot video and upload the content to my YouTube channel.

  18. Hi, I'm Nick. I'm a wildlife photographer, currently pursuing a masters degree in Wildlife Filmmaking. I work for clients mainly in the realm of conservation. I'm currently considering the daunting and expensive prospect of exchanging my whole Nikon setup to move to Sony... 

  19. Hi, I've been put onto this thread by Kevin of aquaphot .com in order to sell on some spares and repairs that I have accumulated and are now taking up some valuable space in my garage.

     

    I'm also a member of the NUPG and hate how expensive all the camera gear is, its what we go to work for I suppose. I just hope my pics are worth the cost ;)

    As a very enthusiastic diver I started a Youtube channel and Instagram page to help share hints and tips that I find make diving easier and more fun take a look @andythenortherndiver

    Edited by andythenortherndiver — I missed something out
  20. Hello, I'm David from Stamford, CT, USA.  Been doing UWP for about 12 years.

    Just replaced my Sony NEX-5N with a Sony A6600, Nauticam Housing

    Inon D2000 Strobes

     

    Looking forward to being a part of Webpixel

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.