Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. I would love to visit Spain one day!

  2. Thailand is on bucket list to dive!

  3. It's got lots of beautiful dive sites, and many that are not really talked about online but well worth the visit. Most people come for the Similan liveaboards or diving around Phi Phi or Koh Tao, and while all that is really great diving there's loads more slowly being discovered and developed

  4. Hello everybody. Just starting my journey into UW photography and am currently pulling together a rig whilst we are in lock down. I will be starting with a second hand Sony Nex-5 and Aquatica AN-5 housing and have got  strobes on the way. 

    Most of my diving over recent years has been in caves, but I am keen to also work on wreck photogrammetry. 

  5. Hey guys,

    I'm Greg. Live in Cornwall UK. Been shooting topside a while, but just stepping up my UW game and moving more towards video.

  6. Hi I am lulazz from Italy

    I love diving both scuba and freediving and taking photo (mainly fish)

  7. Hello divers, 

    I swam competitively as a boy but only recently learned to dive, for the joy of it, as well as to capture photos and videos.

    I made a trip to Monterey, CA in early 2018, and the folks at Backscatter were incredibly friendly and helpful as I started learning to shoot with the Nauticam housing for a Sony a7r iii, both with and without the Wet Wide Lens.

    I've since traveled to the Seychelles, to Heron Island and Lady Elliot Island in the southern Great Barrier Reef, La Paz, Mexico, and other places, and look forward to continuing to explore diving and underwater photography & videography.

    I've since also been using an Outex housing in pools, both with the Sony a7r iii and iv, though have yet to try the Outex in the ocean.

  8. Hello from Honolulu, Hawaii.  I'm a freediving instructor and PADI AOW.  Wishing you all safe and happy dives!

  9. Hi, Im Aleem from the big apple. Just a city boy trying to learn to capture the beauty of our underwater world and share them with others.

  10. Hello from Kona Hawaii...I'm an unemployed divemaster do to covid. Luckily we are still able to access the ocean so we are still diving a few times a week but sadly commercial work is not allowed at least until June 1.

    In the meantime I'm trying to put together an lighting system for my Olympus t6 that will get the job done and is more focused on macro and reflects my current employment status...I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck that I can and source all my parts and pieces at the best price that I can.

     

    Thanks for having me. I'm new to undwerwater photography and hope to learn a lot here.

     

    This is my flickr link. You can see what diving in Kona looks like if you haven't been here before.

    Dom's underwater flickr

  11. Hello hello! 

    I'm Joel from Singapore, and im a very novice uw photog. With a preference for the macro critters, i dont think i got enough artistic abilties in me to do wide angle stuff. 

    Look forward to tips tricks and criticism on how to improve! 

     

    Cheers! 

  12. Hi there,

    I'm Ben - I work in diving and love underwater video, not really interested in photography but moving images rock my world.

    I'm currently in Asia and interested in expanding what I do and upgrading what I use

     

    Cheers,

     

    Ben

  13. Hi, my name is col. I have a Panasonic lx10 set up with twin strobes & twin led lights in a nauticam housing.

    Looking to upgrade to a gh5 tho.

  14. G’day everyone, hope all is well around the world with all that’s going on.

     

    My name is Aaron and I live at Coolangatta which is in Queensland Australia. I mainly shooting with film ( 120  and 220 ) and most of it is on e6 which is slide film. 
     

    I look forward to having a chat and meeting you all soon. 
     

    cheers 

     

    Aaron 

  15. Well hello there!

    My name is Emil, and i am a diver, aspiring marine biologist and all around underwater nerd from the cold reaches of Sweden, more exactly the Swedish west coast. I have held a passion for the sea for as long as i can remember and the creatures in it. I love dealing with species identification from photographs, though i only deal with nordic species so far.

    I usually do macro photography, though i am still new to underwater photography, with a compact camera (TG-5). And want to show that, even if coral reefs and warm waters are nice and all, there is many pretty animals in the less popular, colder waters further north worth seeing and maybe protecting.

    When not diving, i enjoy video games, reading fantasy (sometimes other genres as well) and cooking.

     

    So that is all for now

     

    Emil :) 

  16. Hello from Boston!

    Got into UW photography a few years ago and really enjoy diving with Sandtigers off of Moorhead City, NC.

    Juergen

  17. Hi Everyone,

    I am a photography enthusiast based in the Philippines. I love taking nature pictures and animal behavior both above and below the water. The kick I get out of it is the thrill of the hunt to get that perfect shot -- the more challenging the shot the better. I would typically spend 2-3 days out in the field finding, observing and photographing a specific animal or location.

    I am looking to seek advice with photography underwater.

    Cheers,

    Aaron

  18. Hi,

    I created this account by mistake as I realized i had another one on wetpixel - please delete it as per GDPR 

    thank you

  19. Hello from Chicago! Finally joined wetpixel after looking for a bit.  I just upgraded to a A7RIII and excited to get some good tips!

  20. Hello everyone .    Mike from the US, but currently living in Singapore.    Moved here just in time for lock down.   oh well.    After 40 years of certification and diving around the world, it took a visit to Raja Ampat in November to inspire me to  'step it up a notch'.     In process of upgrading my kit from a Nikon 810 & Ikelite to 850 & Nauticam.      See you in the water soon!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.