Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello. I`m Martin from Poland / Croatia. I`m diving and photographying from 10 years. Mostly shooting wide angle / wrecks. Started from simple compacts, but from few years using mostly FF Sony mirrorless cameras. 

  2. G´day! My name is Edu and I am from Sydney, Australia. Starting on UW photo and therefore aiming to learn a lot on these forums and sharing experiences! cheers

     
  3. Hi, 

    I'm Thomas. I live in New Caledonia. I took underwater pictures since 2017. 

    I use TG4 with two S2000 strobes and accessories. 

    You can look my pictures here: 

    https://instagram.com/thomasrichardphoto

    Thank you

     

  4. Hey,

    Long time reader of the Wetpixel forums, finally decided to create an account to get more involved.

    No commercial work but Just enjoy documenting the dive adventures that my partner and I undertake through video.

  5. Hi my name is Brett Walker and I live in Sacramento, California,  I originally joined WetPixel back in 2012, but my profile says 2018 probably because that's when I updated to a new email address.  I have enjoyed shooting underwater images since my 10th dive and getting lessons from a photo pro on an Kona Aggressor Liveaboard trip in Hawaii. That was 1995 when Backscatter Photo was still located at the Monterey Breakwater parking lot. I have purchased many different camera systems over the years from them and other UW Photo stores.I became a PADI instructor in 2000, have won both national and international photo competitions and was even an underwater shooter for a Independant  Dive Travel show that aired on PBS.  More of a recreational diver and shooter now and belong to several dive clubs and organizations.  WetPixel has been a great source of information since I first joined and a great classifieds section that I have both purchased and sold equipment on as I upgraded my systems from my first Nikonos IV back in 1995. 

    Looking forward to more dive trips even in these challenging times!

  6. Hello everyone, Im Mike currently based in Tenerife, fallen in love with underwater photography

  7. Hi all!

    Greetings from The Netherlands. I've been diving (and taking pictures) for several years now.

    Camera usually stays home when diving domestically; visibility is often too poor for pictures. Looking for more info/tips & tricks, especially on strobes as I feel a bigger strobe (currently use a single S2000 with my Oly pen-3) could be the next significant upgrade.

  8. Hi everyone!

    I'm Mikkel from Denmark.

    I've been diving for 12 years - photographing underwater for 12 years.

    I use a Canon 5D mkIV in a Hugyfot house and have won the Danish National Championsship a couple of times. I'm also World Ambassador for Hugyfot.

    Love to be here!

  9. Hi there, new member from Australia. I think I needed to make a post on this forum but this is the only thread I have access to! (Sorry if my post is in the wrong place.)

  10. Welcome to Wetpixel!

    It is the most vibrant, knowledgeable and helpful underwater imaging community in the world. This is largely because the members of the community selflessly share their experience and skill. Please try to contribute yours too.

    Please use this topic to write a short introduction to the community.

    Once you have done so, this will unlock the ability to create your own topics in almost all the other forums. 

    The exception is the Classifieds, which is open to members that have contributed at least 3 posts in any other forums (your post in this topic counts as one of these)

    We look forward to your posts!

    Adam

  11. Hi there.  Another Australian, however living in Singapore.  I was referred to this group by a friend and am looking forward to learning and sharing.  I started diving a little over 2 years ago.  I've been an avid hobbyist landscape and travel photographer, and love the marine world - so it's only logical for me - bring the two together.

     

    Looking forward to meeting you

  12. Hi! I'm Marine biologist graduated from UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro), photographer, cameraman, producer and director. I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and specialize in filming our rich marine biodiversity in Guanabara Bay. ( https://conexaoplaneta.com.br/blog/depois-de-quase-tres-meses-de-quarentena-o-biologo-e-documentarista-ricardo-gomes-mergulha-na-baia-de-guanabara-e-flagra-especies-raras/?fbclid=IwAR0FTDQSdqfqOZxO4Ei43YoWBeSB786OuCSDIg8qwpnqIG7Qs0x0reE5neU)

     

    I have an NGO that works with the conservation of marine life: www.institutomarurbano.com.br

     

    Best regards,

     

    Ricardo

     

  13. Kia ora,

    I'm a masters student studying human-leopard seal interactions in New Zealand.

    I'm new to the underwater world, only had my first dive last year, but already hooked. 

    I love being on the water and can't wait to start my underwater journey.

  14. Hi,

    I'm an underwater photographer in Curacao.  Unfortunately covid meant I lost my underwater photography job.  My current goal is to find a camera set up to continue my photography! I had been shooting with dslr set ups, both canon and nikon, but I am looking for any mirrorless set up (with wide angle, primarily for stills) that fits my budget - hopefully not too tall of an order! I've been perusing for a few weeks now, and would like to start inquiring about cameras available for sale here on wet pixel.

    -Meg

  15. Hello all,

    I am David Hale (Dahalestorm) and live in Green Valley, Arizona.  I am just getting started in UW photography and am starting with a gopro 4 just to get the hang of having a camera when diving.  I am looking forward to learning from the members here.

    Stay Healthy and Safe,

    Dave

  16. Hi, joined to start looking to take better underwater pictures and learn from the people on this forum, Also looking to but a housing for a Nikon D500

  17. Aloha, 

    I've been diving for 16 years total, and, having been a photographer since a young age, got introduced to underwater photography in 2011. Since then I've graduated from an Olympus PEN EPL-1 to an OMD EM5 Mark II, and substituted the crappy Olympus housing with a Nauticam housing purchased right  here on Wetpixel, thank you very much! I love underwater photography, and continually strive to take it to the next level!

  18. Hi,

    I am new to Wetpixel. Diving for many years but new to UW photo. Now equipped with RX100 mkV and the Sony housing.

    Living in France.

    Philippe

  19. Goodday,

    new to this community. Dive, film and photography for more then 20 years. Started in the analog age and just started to enter the 4k period.

  20. Hello, I'm not new to diving or to photography, but I'm new to mixing the two so here I am :) Will likely stay quiet and be doing a lot of reading for a while.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.