Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hey! My name is Andrej, I come from a small European country Slovenia. I'm diving since 2014, started doing some pretty amateur UW photography back then with a borrowed GoPro. Not something to boast about :) Through the years I've upgraded my diving skills as well as my photo equipment. So currently I do mostly technical and cave diving. My photo rig consists of Sony RX100 III in Nauticam housing, Inon Z-330 strobes, AOI UWL-09 wet wide angle lens and Nauticam CMC-2 macro diopter.

    I've been reading this forum for quite some time and finally decided to join. I'm looking on expanding my UW photography knowledge and hopefully also contribute something useful from my limited experience :)

  2. Hi, I'm Isaac from Arkansas. I'm primarily interested in freshwater photography in the southeastern US.

  3. Hi - I'm Matt.  I've been diving for a few years and have been making a number of videos off a GoPro 6 with some dive lights and am currently thinking of upgrading my rig.  

  4. Hello, eager to learn from all the fine members of WetPixel.

  5. H everyone!

    I’m Brittini, I’m a graduate student in biology, and I work with a marine biology project. I’m just beginning my journey into underwater photography with a DSLR. I’m looking for a used Nauticam Nikon d7100 or d7200 housing. If anyone has one, please let me know!

    Cheers,

    Brittini

     

  6. Hi All,  Joined the community to check out the classified as well as discuss issues I'm having with my current setup. I shoot with Nikon above ground and have used canon point and shoots for the past 10 years underwater. Recently I moved into an Olympus EM5 MK II which has been both good and bad. 

  7. Hello everybody.

    I short introduction of myself. I'm a photographer for almost 50 years  and since I have my dive licenses 3 years ago also underwater.  Above water i own a nice Nikon set which al also wanted to use underwater. Unfortunately the housing for my Nikon D7200 cost over double the price of the body itself :-( and become very big. I bought a Olympus TG-5 set including the PT-058 housing, much more affordable. I made great pictures her in the Netherlands  and at my second home Egypt. With a strong videolight. This year I'm investing in strobes to bring my ISO low and make better pictures. On normal dive forums there is not much on photography, I was happy to find this site.

     

  8. Hi,

    I am in Florida with no underwater or dive experience, hoping to change that soon, then include photography.

    Great to find this site, I expect to learn from the experienced members here.

     

    Stephanie 

  9. Hi Everyone

    Been diving and start the underwater photography for a while, love it and having fun under the water

    Cheers

  10. Aloha,

    I've been diving and filming all over the world since 1998. I hope I can contribute here as well as learn here. Always keep an open mind.

    Mahalo!

  11. Hi,

    I'm Henrik. I just joined wetpixel. I love diving and photography. I hope I can contribute to the forums.

    Best regards,

    Henrik

  12. Hi everyone, my name is Bruno. I am a 35 year old passionate diver and Videographer willing to watch videos, learn and share with other passionate individuals and share some of my favorite diving experiences. 

  13. Hi, My name is Greg. I'm a top side photographer and software engineer that is looking to begin his UW photo/video journey ;)
    I'm from the East Coast of Canada.

    Looking to participate in the forum and receive amazing advice from you all. <3

  14. Hi all, I’m new to Wetpixel. Stumbled onto this forum by chance. I’ve been into uw photography for a bit over a year now. Never intended to get into it, but diving in the waters of Sydney can be a bit boring sometimes, so I started practicing with my Olympus tough camera i had at the time to help make the dives more interesting. And now I’m hooked :)

  15. Hi. My name is Iñaki and i spent 5 years using compact cameras for underwater photography. Nowdays i bought a slr camera and i am learning to use it again.

  16. I have been using a compact camer for the past 5 years. I had quite good pictures but i thought it was time to change to a dslr system. Now i am learning again. The most of my dives are at de Cantabric sea in the north of spain. The water is quite cold and dirty but always is fun and is a great place for macro photography.

  17. I am new and my English does not allow me to orient myself well, I think I have presented myself before where they are professionals, I apologize, I am a diver and I also love the underwater image.Thanks for accepting in wed pixels

  18. hello, Albert here! 

    i been divining for almost 10years and i would love to jump into uw photography!

    Salut!

  19. This weekend 14 and 15 of march I have a uw championship bat is canceled for Coronavirus. 

    Waiting for next .......

  20. Hello. I just joined, guess I'm a late bloomer. Just reading a few threads has really peaked my interest as an old diver but new to underwater photography. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge sharing here.

     

    Don

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.