Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi fellow water people! 

    I'm Jen, Dive master from Sweden, living in London and so naturally missing the ocean every day. I'm a film producer, mostly commercials but heading into more narrative films. I'm currently setting up a short-documentary about ocean conservation following a young female protagonist in an Island in Colombia. We're looking for a local UW cinematographer and a friend of mine kindly directed me to this forum. 


    Thank you,

    Jen 

  2. Just signed up after a long break from diving. Consuming information now to get caught back up with up to date news

  3. Hi, my name is Mo from Northern Virgina/DC area. I'm a Open Water Scuba Instructor with PADI, and looking to get into serious UW photography/videography.

    Edited by ScubaMo — adding locaton where i am from
  4. Hey there! :) 

    My name is Ashlee, I am an underwater photographer on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. I have just purchased myself a brand new Sony a7rii in a shiny new Nauticam housing with two Inon strobes. I love coming to this site to find advice on shooting techniques and to find inspiration on future shoots. I love learning from other photographers and I am open to any advice given. 

  5. HI! I am steffi, I am a surf photographer in Tofino BC. I found this site on my search for some used water housing!

  6. Hi, I'm Christine. Some of you may know me from cave diving or more recently Ghost Fishing UK.

    Just getting myself sorted with a new underwater DSLR with a view to photographing more UK sumps (normally shoot video).

    Chris

     

     

  7. Hi!  I'm Sarah.  I live in northern Virginia but also spend a lot of time in West Virginia.  I'm interested in all different kinds of photography but have a lot of emphasis on birds-in-flight.  My husband and I love to go to St. John, USVI;  I've been using a Sony RX100 III but I want to upgrade to using my Nikon D850.  I'm also becoming intrigued with taking photos in rivers at low water.  Looking forward to learning and sharing in this community!

    www.sarahanderson.net

  8. Hi,

    Passionate about dividing and underwater photography I enjoy reading Wetpixel for many years without any post...

    Thanks to all members bringing together this inspiring source of informations.

    www.sventramaux.ch

    Edited by T.Sven
  9. Hi all, 

    New to the forum and I'm just dipping my toe into underwater photography. I still have a lot to learn and hope to get some great information here!

  10. Hi,

    Jean-Marie from France, not so new in this forum but haven't take time to put infomration here ;)

    So dive instructor, around 1000 dives, and underwater photographer beginner

  11. Hi I'm Boz Johnson from Kentucky (so please speak slowly). I have been shooting underwater for about 10 years and have a problem with spending all my money on gear, any suggestions for support groups would be helpful.

  12. Rob from Florida,

    I've been lurking here for a few years, and decided to upgrade gear, so here I am posting!!

  13. Morning all!

    I'm new to underwater video's and thought I'd share some clips from Israel (shot with Sony RX100 II)

     

  14. Hello-

    I'm Casey from Park City, UT. Been diving since 2002 but recently started playing around with taking photos.

  15. Hello everyone,

    I'm John from New Jersey.

    I am a Dive Master, been diving for 2 years, logged over 150 dives, and would dive move often if I could.

    About a year ago I started taking pictures underwater with my Nikon D800 and absolutely love it.

    Love to hear from anyone using the same camera with any tips or tricks.

    It have been said that "money doesn't buy happiness", but it does buy a lot of dive and camera gear :^)

    Edited by fifthjoker — Adding info
  16. Hi everyone,

    Alex from Minnesota, dove all over the world but just starting to dive locally as well. Been shooting underwater for about a year now. 

  17. I've never been to Australia, but nice pic's! I really like your lighting and the lack of backscatter.

  18. Hello, Matt here from Australia. Long time listener, first time caller. Had no intention of registering until viewing recent posts about new retra strobes, and now I want to ask some questions...

    some my of my photos here, fwiw: http://www.divephotoguide.com/underwater-photography-special-features/article/underwater-photographer-week-matt-curnock/

    and here: https://www.scubadivermag.com/underwater-photographer-of-the-week-matt-curnock/

    Cheers, M@

    Edited by Matt Sea
  19. Hi All,

    Howard from NY, currently living in Rockland County about 35 miles NW of NYC.  Born, raised and PADI-certified in the Bronx (Captain Mike's on City Island), about 200 dives under my belt, a few years ago started getting into UW photography - RX100IV, Fantasea housing, trying to keep it reasonable so maybe hanging out on these forums is a bad idea :-)

    turtle1.jpg

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.