Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. I'm Jeffery from Hong Kong, a most terrible place for diving!

  2. Aloha all,

    Dive and shoot locally in Kailua, HI as well as internationally several times per year. Just picked up a Nikonos V and learning film also. Look forward to being a part of the forum!

    Evan

    Are you in Kailua-Kona then? I have a few dives in Kailua, Oahu, with my metal detector. Way too murky and surgy for photography.

  3. Hello,

     

    My name is Jack, I'm a filmmaker working in marine conservation. I currently live and work in Washington, DC.

  4. Hi from Seattle! I'm a long time reader, recently signed up user on the forums and have been diving for more than 15 years. I shoot with a Gh5 in a Nauticam housing and typically focus on video rather than photography these days. Happy to be a part of such a wonderful community of divers and image creators!

  5. Hellooooo photo nerds! I live and teach diving in Bonaire and love underwater photo. It is a pleasure to be on this forum with so many talented and interesting UW photographers!

     

    :dancing:

  6. Hello,

    This is John from Korea.

    Ive recently got GH5 and very excited to test it underwater in June at Saipan

     

    hopefully i can learn setup and techqnique here

     

    thx

  7. Last year I took a trip to Komodo and brought along a Hero 6 without lights. Had a blast but now on a quest to improve my setup.

     

    Just acquired an LX-10 with Nauticam housing, Inon s2000 strobes, still searching for right video lights. Im sure Ill have lots of questions! Thanks in advance for the support.

  8. Hi,

     

    I'm Ulf from Germany. Diving since 2 years, hope to get inspiriation and advise to improve my photo and video skills.

  9. Hey there! I have been a wetpixel member for years but restored my phone and cant remember the password bummer. Also lost a great deal of photos. 🙄😒😔 However I am back lol.

     

    This is the place for underwater photographers. There isnt any other site quite like this. I have also successfully purchased housings and lenses from using the wetpixel site. Its also a great way for new underwater photographers to get great advice and meet cool like minded people.

     

    Katie Storr Underwater Photographer and PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer. I have been an underwater photographer for over 7years and am now in my 11th year of being a photographer. I love what I do and I hope you will to. Check out my website for my adventures, travels and cool pics. Happy shooting. Xoxo www.katiestorrphoto.com

  10. Hi all, I'm a cold-water diver based in Northern California, and am currently working on getting my first underwater camera rig. Excited to learn from you all!

  11. Hi, I'm an expat living in Thailand and just started with underwater photography. I've been freediving and scuba diving for a while now and took pictures and videos with action cameras and the tg5 before, but just recently bought a mirrorless.

    Mostly I'm in Thailand but every now and then I go to neighbor countries like the Philippines and Indonesia.

  12. Hey, I live in Park City, Utah in the United States. I've been lurking for a little while and finally made an account. I just got back from my first dive trip with a real camera setup (a Nikon d7000 in an ikelite case) and am completely hooked on underwater photography.

  13. Hi I'm Sheree Marris and I live in Melbourne Australia. I dabble in underwater photography and videography. Capable of taking a reasonable pic or two but need to improve my technical skills.

    Best Fishes

    Sheree

  14. Hi, I'm new to Wetpixel, and have been diving 30 years and taking underwater photos for 10 years. It's been loads of fun, and I enjoy traveling to new places to dive. Unfortunately my Olympus underwater housing keeps flooding, and I'm more than bummed because at this stage in life I don't want to spend thousands on a new camera and housing. Just bought the Olympus OMD EM5 Mark II camera and PT-EP13 housing a year and a half ago, and hoped it would last years. The camera is awesome. If anyone is selling a used PT-EP13 housing, please let me know. Olympus isn't making them anymore.

     

    Thanks,

    Divingmama

  15. Hello. New to wetpixel. Have been shooting a TG5 and just about ready to step up to a mirrorless setup. Have a few questions primarily about the Gh5. Specifically about housing and ports

  16. Hi,Maureen from Pasadena, CA. I have been diving 3 yrs and just got my first camera setup. I have one strobe but am looking to buy a second (Sea & Sea DS-Y2). I have an Olympus TG5.

  17. Hello, my name is Roman Smolgovsky.

     

    I teach diving in San Francisco Bay Area and are doing UW Photography and Videography. I have some used gear for sale in a perfect condition (Olympus TG4 with the housing and Wide Angle Wet Lens) - please, let me know if you are interested.

     

  18. Hi Nemiga,

     

    There is a classifieds forums where you will probably get a much better response if you are trying to sell stuff. Keep in mind you need to make at least 3 posts outside of the classifieds forums in order to be able to post or comment there.

  19. Hello I am Monique from Palm Beach Gardens, FL. I was an avid UW photographer years ago and suffered some ankle issues. I am currently recouping from surgery and looking forward to getting back where I belong!

  20. New member. John from Orange County, California. Looking forward to improving my UW photography.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.