Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi all, I'm Christi from Texas. Just getting into underwater photography.

  2. Hi All

     

    I am Hernan, from Argentinean Patagonia region...

     

    I have been reading this forum for almost a year now.. and i am about to purchase my first DSLR housing for my nikon d500..

     

    apparently it's time to register and become an active member... hopefully i can find some advice on how to start and also some second hand equipment in the classifieds section of the forum!!!

     

    thanks in advance for accepting me in your community!!

     

    regards!!

    HErnan

  3. Hi

    New to this site and looking forward to learning more

  4. Just back from 2 months in Bali and now seriously inspired to step into the realm of U/W photography - both scuba and surf... looking for advice on my next steps with equipment etc. :-)

  5. Greetings

    Im from So Texas - near Houston. Have been diving for 45 yrs. - yes I am a dinosaur. I used to be a marine biologist many years ago.

    Spend lot of time traveling to wreck and macro sites these days.

    Started out on Nikonos 2 film camera and have finally gotten into the digital stuff about 12 yrs ago.

    Recently upgraded to Mirrorless camera.

  6. hi. I am Eric, recreational diver. My gear is EM5 and ys-d2 in Meikon Housing. Looking forward to learning from experinece shared here!

  7. Hey there - I'm Jeremy - Panasonic LX-10 with Nauticam housing, Sola lights. Look forward to the discussions :-)

  8. New to underwater photos. Old to photography. Virginia Beach based.

  9. Hi! I just joined Wetpixel. I am a pretty good dry land photographer. I have been doing UW stuff for a while and still learning. I currently shoot an Olympus TG-5 with housing and video lights. I am looking to move to a FF Nikon in the near future. The main thing I am trying to figure out is what lens(s) I will want to acquire for this. I live in Southwest Georgia and dive mostly in the Florida waters.

     

  10. hello there, new guy here, new to this forum but not really new to UW photography. I live in portland OR and like to dive my revo :)

  11. Hi there! Long time Wetpixel reader. Have some questions to ask about setting up a new uw rig.

  12. Hi! I just want to share my wonderful experiences with Devon at Pacific Housing Repair in California. After flooding my Sea and Sea Strobe years ago he spent quite a bit of time on the phone with talking about how to prevent flooding, and with my repaired strobe sent me a cleaning kit including a remote control (a tv remote) that I could use to test the strobe. Just recently I upgraded the stobes. After a little use, one had a problem. I called the shop I bought them from and was told I'd have to mail the strobe in. I live in Cozumel, so that's challenging and expensive. I remembered my wonderful chat with Devon several years previously. I called him. With extreme patience he walked me through the multiple steps he would've done. Da Tum! It was fixed, and he told me about a port unknown to me that had O rings requiring greasing. And, we had a lovely chat. I absolutely recommend him.

  13. Hello... Im very happy to be part of the Wetpixel Community...

    Christina 🐬🐬🐬🧜🏻‍♀

    Edited by ChristinaHepburn
  14. Hi all, J here from Indonesia (the paradise of divers), looking to buy a strobe set up for my camera!

  15. Good morning everyone.

    I am from Greece and I love underwater photography

  16. Hi All

     

    I am from South Africa. I love the ocean and diving and want to learn all I can about underwater photography

  17. Hey I'm Clayton from Dallas, TX and I am excited to be getting into underwater video/photo!

  18. Hi, I'm 29 years recently moved from Switzerland to sunny Califronia. Im new to underwater photography. I have a technical sense of imaging in general as I use electron and confocal microscopy, atomic force microscopy and the like for work. In my spare time I like to do astrophotography, you can find some of my work on astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/justusliebig/

     

    44c1947b-e961-475a-8d6a-4691ff0fdacc-156

  19. Hello,

     

    I am originally from France now living in mexico where i teach cave diving and i am looking to get into uw cave photography.

  20. Hello,

     

    I am originally from France now living in mexico where i teach cave diving and i am looking to get into uw cave photography.

    Ive just been at the cenotes Im so bummed I didnt have a camera back then

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.