Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi, I'm Renzo, relatively new uwphotography. Would like to know more about camera Riga and techniques as well as lenses. Been using a compact camera. Hope to learn new stuff in this group! 

  2. Hello,

    I'm Manos from Greece diving for about 3 years now with ~200dives. About half of my dives have been with a camera (sony a5100 with the 16-50 kit lens, meikon housing, single S&S YS-02 strobe and usually an Inon UCL165-M67 +6 diopter. 

    Mostly interested in macro for now but not only.

    Thanks,

    Manos

     

  3. Hi,  I am a diver living in East Tennessee near Knoxville Tennessee.     I am Naui certified in Advance Diver, Nitrox, and Open water.    I have been diving since 2010 and have drove all over the Caribbean.    I just hit the mark of 200 dives at the Coco View Resort in Roatan.   Have been reading the forum for a few months and it seems to have great information being shared by serious divers.

    Edited by Naboodiver
  4. Hello everyone,,,

    Shots of Bruce Yates were taken by yours truly with crappy little Canon Rebel XT ;) He was lots of fun on this year's Shark Expedition and after that trip I'll bet he created a "checklist" for extension rings for his Seacam housing :angry:

     

    Luckily I had a "spare" 77mm B&W diopter for him to try, although I think he stopped using it after seeing no big difference with his Canon 17-40L lens. Hmmm.....Maybe this combo didn't NEED the extension ring anyway!

     

    Sorry to be off topic, just recalling lots fun getting close to sharks. 

  5. Hi,

    I've been diving since 1995, mainly in lakes as I am from Austria (close to lake of constance) but I live in vienna Right now. My main diving spots are of course in europe and all over asia. I have always been fascinated by wrecks, which was also one of the reasons I started technical diving quite a few years ago. In my spare time I used to do a lot of analog photography (incl. all the darkroom work etc.) but I started underwater photography this year and that's why I ended up here, as it is a great place for knowledge exchange.

    Cheers, Klaus

  6. Been diving a Long dive, have many thousands of dive. Use to run busiest Dive charter on West coast of fla.  Now I have a 35 ft contender I keep just for my wife (Heidi Thoricht) and I to dive off of.. Normally my wife handles most of my purchases for me but she just flew up to the East coast so I signed up to buy something quick... OF COURSE no luck... Said Zero messages. After 10 minutes of looking around I found this place to post...  Guess I have to do 3 post before I can buy something. My Wife and I have been to a lot of Wet Pixel stuff at DEMA.

    I guess two more messages??? and I can buy item I want??

  7. Living in San Francisco. Diving for 30 years, probably 200 dives, only warm water. Picking up UW photography this year with GH5. So far only pool test.

  8. Hi there folks,

    I am John Doe II. I used to be John Doe here but lost my password (password manager crashed and took all my passwords with it). I have tried and tried and tried to contact the admins of this site to recover my account but to no avail. So bit the bullet and register new account and start all over. Shame really since John Doe had been active since 2003/4 .

     

    Anyways not to worry. 

  9. 38 minutes ago, John Doe II said:

    Hi there folks,

    I am John Doe II. I used to be John Doe here but lost my password (password manager crashed and took all my passwords with it). I have tried and tried and tried to contact the admins of this site to recover my account but to no avail. So bit the bullet and register new account and start all over. Shame really since John Doe had been active since 2003/4 .

     

    Anyways not to worry. 

    Hi John Doe I/II,

    How have you been trying to reach us? I have not had any messages or emails from you?

    It is concerning if people are trying to contact us and the mails are not getting through...

    Adam

  10. 15 hours ago, Capt. Mike said:

    Been diving a Long dive, have many thousands of dive. Use to run busiest Dive charter on West coast of fla.  Now I have a 35 ft contender I keep just for my wife (Heidi Thoricht) and I to dive off of.. Normally my wife handles most of my purchases for me but she just flew up to the East coast so I signed up to buy something quick... OF COURSE no luck... Said Zero messages. After 10 minutes of looking around I found this place to post...  Guess I have to do 3 post before I can buy something. My Wife and I have been to a lot of Wet Pixel stuff at DEMA.

    I guess two more messages??? and I can buy item I want??

    Hi Mike,

    I'm just replying to your email, but will reply here.
    I'm glad you have joined and started to interact witH the Wetpixel community (after having enjoyed our events at DEMA!) Someone with your experience has much to offer the Wetpixel community and I look forward to seeing your posts.

    As you probably found, the reasons for requiring at least 3 posts in order to post in the Classifieds forum are laid out here:

    View archived post in: Changes to Classifieds Forum-please read!

     

  11. 8 minutes ago, adamhanlon said:

    Hi John Doe I/II,

    How have you been trying to reach us? I have not had any messages or emails from you?

    It is concerning if people are trying to contact us and the mails are not getting through...

    Adam

    I have tried to use the contact admins and tried many many times to recover my password by having it sent to my email address. The email never ever arrived. 

    I just tried to replicate what I have been doing these last months trying to contact someone and also to have a new password emailed to me, but its now doing different things and an email was received this time - however I tried to recover John Doe's password by having it emailed to me and I received the email under the John Doe II account. SOmething strange going on. Not sure if you upgraded servers or forum software along the way or something similar. John Doe was registered back in 2003/4, so very old account. Maybe the accounts never moved over to a new server or software along the way? IDK. what I do know is things are working better now that I re-registered. 

    Before I re registered i was just going in aimless circles going nowhere, hence re-registering.

  12. I can conform that the John Doe (1) password reset email have been sent to your "vsatguy" email address.

    Which "Contact admins" link did you use? If there is a broken/not functioning link, I need to fix it :)

    I can confirm that the John Doe account is still active and functioning. We have changed servers and software, but it has ported your account and settings..

     

     

  13. I also had problems for a long time using the forgot password link. I kept getting a message that said email had been sent but nothing arrived. Then tried again one day a couple of weeks ago and it worked.

  14. On 1/10/2009 at 6:10 PM, jameslu said:

    hello!

     

    I'm new to uw photography and am currently assembling a g9 ikelite setup with ds-125s. so far i've had many helpful ppl (thnx to CADiver and juanma)here who were willing to offer advice and sell me some of their gear too :good:

     

    i'm just came back from manado indonesia(beautiful place!) and was inspired to learn how to take great pictures of the beautiful marine life. looking forward to putting up my photos on this forum for critique in the future!city to city mileage

     

    btw anybody from singapore or based in singapore over here?

     

    cheers,

     

    james

    hello from india

  15. Hi Rich here.

    Been doing uw photography since my ow course in 2004, with a Canon S400... then most of the good canons up to the S100...  Recently borrowing a G7X MKII to use with my Nauticam CMC... A combo that works beautifully!
    Also done a bit of filming with my Gopro...  Mostly rubbish, lol.

  16. I live  in Salinas and dive frequently on the Beachhopper 2. I have a nice Canon 5D Mark IV, but it's been a challenge to learn. Lighting in our green waters has been especially hard for me. But I'm learning...slowly!

  17. Hello everyone!

    I am based in Chicago and love underwater images!  I just finished my stress and rescue certs in alake, which reminded me why I don’t like diving in lakes :)

    I’m off to Moorea soon, i can’t wait to see the humpback whales!!

  18. New member here! I mainly do sports photography. Had the opportunity to shoot an Olympic swimmer last year with my Nauticaml 5D Housing. Don't usually do a ton of underwater though :) 

     

  19. Hello all,

    My name is Seth and I am currently living in the Washington, DC area. I started diving about 12 years ago and due to my job requirements have had an on and off again relationship with the sport. I currently own several cameras including everything from a collection of GoPros, a Nikon 3300 and a Sony a7rii. I enjoy learning from everyone's questions and especially like living vicariously through your photos and videos!

  20. Hi! Corrine here from the Philippines. I’m an underwater photography enthusiast. Looking to find vast information on photography and camera equipment here :D  

    I’m a regular photo diver in Anilao. Maybe I’ve met some of you already :) 

    thanks!

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.