Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi,

    I am not exactly new, but I haven’t posted since I joined. Just forgot. I have been diving since 1966 while a student at the University of Miami. While there have been some lapses in my diving, for the past twenty years it have been constant. My gi4l friend got certified at age 60 and is the best dive buddy. 
    Our favorite place is Belize and the best reef is Glovers.A somewhat difficult place to get to, but pristine. 
    My photo setup is a Nikon D850 with a Nauticam housing. Lenses are a Nikkor 
     16-35, Sigma fisheye, and a Nikkor 105. 

    Last dive before the plague was Bimini for hammerheads  

     

  2. Hi Wetpixel, my name is Zac Macaulay and I have been following you for years and don't know why I haven't joined before now.

    I hope you will allow me to join. Thank you. Zac.

     

    Underwater DOP Zac Macaulay with Simon Neil of Biffy Clyro.jpg

  3. Hello everyone! As the username implies my name is Joe and I'm from New Jersey, USA. Been dabbling in UW photography for a little while but got a little distracted with deep CCR diving these past few years. This year I'm making photos my top priority -- excited to be a part of the wetpixel community!

  4. Hello,

    Finally joined after surfing here a lot over the past 8 months or so.  I have been diving for about 35 years but didn’t do much photography until past year.  I basically split my time between Texas and Cozumel these days.      I bought a camera back in 2011 after fooling around with a rental in a live aboard , but only used it a few times. I have been spending a lot more time in Cozumel lately so I purchased an RX100 VII with Nauticam housing , CMC 1 & 2 , WWL-C and Sea and Sea YS-D3 strobes.   Actually finding a fair amount of macro subjects in Cozumel if current isn’t blowing and going 
     

     I don’t have any experience with land photography so I am kind of learning from scratch.  Thanks for all the helpful information in these forums. 
     

     

  5. I'm a graphic designer and a very handsome guy.

  6. I’m kerry Edwards and am a scuba diver of 11 years ( as of 2021), with over 1000 dives. I’m an underwater photographer of 8 years. I love to practice my photography and diving, read and talk about it and learn from others.  I’m excited to become a part of the generous wepixel community!

  7. Hi everyone.

    I joined wetpixel beacuse it helped me in different issue so I 'd like also to share my experiences.

    Thanks again guys!

    Daniele

  8. One more member making a splash here! 

    Thanks to a new girlfriend, i have begun taking my passion of old (photography) and combining it with a new love (freediving). She is deeply into the sport (currently PADI advanced) and got me to basic, and from the start i knew i had to get my camera down to these wonders we are diving.

    I certainly don't have an over the top setup; currently running a:

    Fuji X-T3

    Fuji 10-24MM

    Meikon X-T3 housing w/ 8" dome (as well as standard flat port)

    I can see this becoming a very expensive hobby, but i am loving it all the same, thats for sure! Been starting my reading before signing up, and will probably have more questions to asks in the very near future. But i love learning, and a hobby such as this is so rewarding!

  9. Hello,

    I spend much time underwater in and around Sydney with camera in hand. Often looking for new techniques and advice from others.

  10. 1 hour ago, John Sear said:

    Hello,

    I spend much time underwater in and around Sydney with camera in hand. Often looking for new techniques and advice from others.

    Hi John, welcome to wetpixel!

     

  11. Hello. Peter from Poland, Poznań here.

    Occasional diver and photographer. I'm with Wetpixel from few years but I don't remember my previous account.

    I like to read news about underwater photography and hardware so I'm regular gest here. I bought long time ago one underwater case here. Nice to be here again.

    Diving and going travel 1-2 times per year. Was in few nice places like Lembeh, Bangka, Comodo, Bali, Marsa Alam, Sail Rock.

    Looking for more in future ;)

    I started with old Nimar housing and Canon 550D. Later Recsea/Nauticam SONY NEX-5T.

    Now trying some Seafrogs housings because their affordable price with Fuji and two strobes and two 4000 lumen video lights.

    Cheers! Have a nice day.

    Edited by PiotrPL
  12. Hello,

    I am a surfer and white water kayaker and I just took the dive (no pun intended)  into underwater film photography with the purchase of a nikonos V. I have been doing both analog and digital photography for a number of years now so I am excited for this new next step! I am here in the hopes of getting advice on shooting underwater as well as maintenance for my camera!

    Best,

    Hannah

  13. Hi I am Angelina, I am an underwater photographer originally from New York but now based in Port Douglas, Australia.  I work on a day boat photographing tourists as they come out to the reef.  In my spare time I go out diving on my own to photograph the reef.  You can see my work here:

    https://www.angelinapilarinos.com/

     

    I joined WetPixel to grow my knowledge of underwater photography.  I am looking to expand my skills and get more into underwater videography!

  14. Hello, I’m Itai. Thanks everyone for the advice and knowledge shared here. I dive mostly in Seattle, WA and just started to pick up topside and underwater photography, slowly putting together my underwater setup.

    Edited by itairos
  15. Hi all,

    I'm Tzucheng from Taiwan. I have become a diver for only 2 years and would like to learn something new as underwater photography. Look forward to get some knowledge and new information here.

  16. Hey!

    Actually came across this site as I've acquired a XXXXXXXXXXXX I thought might be of interest here!
    Hope thats not to intrusive or against the rules! 
    All the best

    All sale/want ads must be in the Classifieds please-Admin

     

    Edited by adamhanlon
  17. Hello. My name is Troy House. I am an advertising photographer based in NYC and I shoot hotel and travel work. I use my underwater gear in hotel pools as much as the ocean. Currently using an Aquatech housing for a Nikon d810 but may be upgrading to a mirrorless housing.

    www.troyhouse.com

  18. Hello,

    Anybody else dying to get their feet once the world opens up again !? 

  19. Hello all.  I'm a longtime underwater camera operator (30+ years) but new to the Wetpixel community.  Looking forward to contributing and learning as needed.

    - Brad

  20. Dear fellow shutterbugs - this is my first post on WP but I've been a long-term lurker.  Hopefully thy word reopens soon and we'll have plenty of updates to share.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.