Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi,

    I'm a liveaboard sailor and spend most of my time vlogging on the sea and travels on land. As such I'm pretty competent in photography, videoing and editing, but only on the sea and on land! When it comes to underwater photography I'm pretty much a noob. I've taken plenty of stuff while snorkeling with the Tough and the GoPro, but I'm keen to learn more about both photography and videoing while diving. The subjects of housing and then lighting underwater look like learning curves I'm excited to embrace. I look forward to learning much more on this forum.

    I've been based in Sabah this last year.

  2. Hello my name is Clement

    I'm french diver and photographer 

    Thank you for welcoming me

     

     

     

     

     

  3. Hello! My name is Alana. I am new to wetpixel! New to underwater photography. My husband and I have been diving for about 2 years.

  4. Sorry, I posted my introduction here. 

    Edited by Tony Spence — Wrong location for my introduction
  5. Hello fellow divers and photographers.  I am a British professional photographer based in Manila, Philippines.

    I have been diving the last few years and dive a lot here in the Philippines and trying to take my topside photography and video skills underwater.

    I am currently shooting Sony A7S3 underwater in a Seafrogs housing, I am looking at getting a Nauticam rig with the WWL-1 to get the best optical quality I can, looking forward to sharing thoughts on this and my own experiences.

    I have some video work shot on the Sony A7S3 for both bonfire diving at night and reef stuff from Puerto Galera, all can be seen at my YouTube channel here:

    www.youtube.com/garytyson

    Thanks!

    Edited by GTF8
  6. Hello!

    I am Simon, I am from Toronto, Canada and I (so far) we have only dived the nice warm water in the Caribbean and the Indo/Pacific regions. Last dives were to the Philippines (before the '19) and that was grrreat! ... 'not another frog fish'.

    I have lately dove with an aging Sony RX100m2 in Meikon Plastic with an Inon Z330 and Archon VL using an Inon UCL165M67 Diopter for Macro and a DIY fiber-optic Snoot for the '330 (as non were available retail before my trip) using 'rino old school cardboard cuttouts and a friends wet 3D printer. Using the strobe (primarily) and the snoot completely changed my underwater photography life. I resisted strobes so long - I was so wrong.

    My biggest personal challenge (as an older, and once a year diver) is remembering the motor skills and the (paltry) imaging skills that I learnt the previous year.

    I am looking to an improved housing, improved optics and a back lighting armature for my snoot.

  7. I've been an avid diver my whole life.  Exotic travel and U/W photography is my hobby.    I've traveled to 88 countries - and been in all the SEAS from the Arctic to Anarctica.  And just now joing Wetpixel.


    Mark

  8. Hi Community -

    I'm advancing from beginner UW photography to intermediate+. Recently upgraded rig ($$$ ouch!) and am very excited to learn from you all! Very anxious about the learning curve - going from a simple Canon PowerShot with cheapo housing to a Sony RX100 VII, Sea & Sea YS-D3 x2, and a Nauitcam housing. Also have a Kraken Hydra 3500+. 

    I appreciate all advice.

    Thanks!

    Katie

  9. Hi everyone,

     

    I'm a a diver from germany who wants to try to learn how to take better pictures. I'm still at the very beginning of my journey but I hope I will find some good inspiration here :). 

  10. Hey guys! I had no idea about this forum until a member on FM told me about it. I am a photographer out of NC. I mostly shoot fishing and underwater work is some of my favorite. 

    50424199291_cbb6b8bc68_c.jpgBrookieOverUnder by Dave Fason, on Flickr

    32565622017_e9581bf455_c.jpgfranky-15 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

    49721851682_50c112f3a1_c.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

    -Dave

    www.davefason.com

  11. Hello All, 

    My Name is Kush, 

    I have recently become enthralled by underwater photography and the images you can produce with proper equipment and techniques!

    Looking to browse through images and get my feet wet!

    Cheers, 

     

    Kush

  12. Hi all,

    I'm Brian, moved to UK a year ago (right before COVID) and looking to up my UW photo skills. I've been shooting an Olympus TG-4/6 for a while now, but recently bought a housing and other bits for my Nikon D850. Itching to get back into the water and check out UK diving and start using the new toys.

    Brian

  13. Hey all, I've been taking pictures above and below water almost all my life. Most of my diving is away from home. For gear, I prefer to stay small so I can also enjoy the dive itself!

  14. Hi everyone

    I'm Norwegian but live in Thailand, where I work as an underwater filmmaker. I also teach video courses and have free tutorials on my YouTube, mostly related to underwater videography. Hope you enjoy my work!

  15. Hi all, I'm Cinematographer based in Australia. 

    Currently doing some underwater work around the Gold Coast. I just got my hands on a Nauticam kit, and I wanted to join the forums to read up and learn from peers. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work and pick up a few bits and pieces from the classifieds. Thanks!

    Esteban - Cinematographer

    https://www.estebanrivera.com.au

  16. Hi,

    I have always enjoyed a bit of underwater photography because I like freediving, but I have never taken it up seriously. I just want to gain some knowledge so that my photography is better

  17. Hi all :)

     

    I am a Scuba instructor looking to get into the UW photography world. I enjoy taking photos under water and want to improve my skills and knowledge. Also on the look out for a complete camera, housing and light set up :)

     

    cheers

     

    Mark

  18. Hi, Hetland here. I've been diving for about 13 years, and snapping pics underwater about the same amount of time. Looking forward to learning here.

    -h

  19. Hi.

    My name is Neil Hammerschlag, I'm a research associate professor at the University of Miami, RSMAS, and Director of the Shark Research and Conservation Program (www.SharkTagging.com).

    Thanks for having me.

    Best

    Neil

  20. I'm a diver currently in the NJ area near NYC and underwater photographer.  Long time lurker, first time poster.  I've been shooting with a GH5 which I bought thinking I would be doing more video than still.  Now with more experience, I am going to be upgrading my camera system.  Need to sell my old equipment to help offset the cost of the new system.  

    Keri

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.