Hi, Tom Rainey here, currently in Central Virginia, USA. Been a diver/photographer for about 50 years. Just came back from an utterly awesome trip with Jim Abernethy's shark diving. I prefer large animals in the sea or on land. Look forward to using the site. Can I insert pictures and videos from my device. I sold my url recently.
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hello all,
I'm an underwater photographer and scuba instructor, diving with Sony a7RIII and Sony RX100 in the toasty 50-degree waters of Monterey, CA. I'm also a firmware engineer, and built my own TTL trigger board for my a7RIII. I enjoy short romantic walks on the beach carrying 100 pounds of gear from my car into the water.
Best,
Randall
-
50 degrees!!!! I wish America went Metric and celsius. :?)
ciao
-
5 hours ago, raytrace said:
50 degrees!!!! I wish America went Metric and celsius. :?)
ciao
And 220v.....
-
I wish America would do a lot of things.
-
Greetings. Wetpixel's a great resource, and I pledge not to drag the level down too far. I've been diving for 43 years, although most seriously since 2012, when I discovered corrective lenses for masks and micro 4/3 photography.
--Rick
-
Hi, I'm Benjamin, a french freediver and I've been doing underwater photography since 2012.
-
Hi, I'm Mark from Melbourne, Australia.
I've been diving and doing underwater photography with a Pentax DSLR of all things for a few years. Health and life have got in the way for the last 3 years or so, and its time to get back into diving and underwater photography. So am looking at modernising my camera gear!
-
Hello underwater enthusiasts! My name is Erika, I'm a submarine pilot and I love making videos above and below sea level. I enjoy the techy side of cameras, hardware, software, and of course the engineering side of piloting submarines. Looking forward to following along with folk's adventures!

-
Greetings folks,
I am new to wetpixel, but have been a diver for over 20 years and been an instructor for ~12 of them. Since I am working on retiring from my real life job and moving somewhere always warm, I plan on increasing my ability to do video and still photography.
I am also a rebreather diver (APD EVP).
In the market for a new camera setup: looking at the Olympus TG-6 or one of the Sony A6X00.
-
Hi, I'm from France, and after 6 years of making videos with my GoPro, I'm finally thinking about doing photos with a bigger camera!
-
I have a virtually unused Nauticam/ Canon 5D with 60mm macro lens and Nauticam port for sale. Everything except the strobes.
-
Hi everyone,
My name is Kristian and I do mainly underwater photography but am leaning more into videography these days. I have done underwater photography for over 4 years and last year my pink manta photos went viral all over the world and maybe some of you might have seen them. I am shooting with Nauticam and Nikon D850 but looking to upgrade my setup.
I decided to join here to get some tips and tricks from a large community of like minded people and to read underwater photography content.
-
Hello there
I'm Alex and I've been diving since 2005 and taking pictures for a little less than that. I've been through several compact cameras and enjoyed using them, but I am now looking to take a step up in camera and output terms.
I've had plenty of help so far from generous underwater photographers, and tried to give back to others where I can. Hoping I can continue that journey on Wetpixel.
-
Hello All,
I'm a PADI Underwater Photography Instructor. I've been diving about 20 years now and have done a couple thousand dives. I started out as a NAUI Asst Instructor teaching in Monterey, CA and logged around 500 dives in California. The rest of my dives have been abroad in Indonesia, Cozumel and Fiji (my favorite spots) plus many others.
Cheers,
Joe
-
Hi Everybody,
I am Felix from New York, NY, and am very excited to have joined this fantastic forum. While I have been diving for 30 years, I am relatively new to underwater photography and am very interested in learning from the best - you!
Cheers,
Felix
-
Hi,
I am a new(-ish) user here. I have been a member for a while but have not had any activities so far.
I have a Aquatica 8" dome port that I want to list to sell under Classifield. It seems I don't have permission to do so.
Can someone please let me know how I can get access to list my dome?
Cheers,
-
Hi Par A.
You have to have made 3 posts before you can post a Classified listings. Please see:
View archived post in: GROUND RULES! (important)
The rule is in place to try and cut down on the people who make just one post to try and sell gear.
-
Hello all,
I am a conservation biologist, dive instructor and amateur underwater photographer currently based in Misool, Raja Ampat Indonesia.
I love reading all the forums on techniques and gear and currently thinking about upgrading my current rig (Canon 70D with Aquatica housing.)
Looking forward to being a part of the Wetpixel community :/
Cheers,
Sabine
-
Hi,
Underwater photographer of 15 years experience in Tasmania, Australia. I'm here for technical help.
Cheers,
Rolli