Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. I have been on wetpixel a few years, but never introduced myself so here it goes!

    Jeff Norman, from Chicago.  I have been diving for about 25 years, and shooting underwater for about 20 of those years.  I only recently (last 7 years) started attending workshops and upgraded my setup to a DSLR (Nikon D7000 later upgraded to D500) about 5 years ago so I am still a relative newcomer to u/w photography, but have managed to get a few decent shots in the last few years since doing the workshops.  My current go to set up is Nikon D500, Nauticam housing, Inon Z330 strobes, and Inon LF3100 video light.  My lens of choice is the Nikon 105vr macro, and I also use the Tokina 10-17 (usually with the Nauticam compact port). I also have the Oly TG4 and TG6 with the PT-059 housing, and the Olympus M1, M5 and M10 systems with Nauticam housings  (but I no longer use any of these as the D500 is so much better, and not much larger).

    I am a sidemount diver most of the time, and recently got my sidemount and solo diver certs.

    My instagram is @jefferysnorman and I post my better shots there usually.  I welcome any and all feedback and constructive criticism!  

  2. Hello,

    I live in South Florida and do a lot of muck diving at Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach. Started on a GoPro and moved to a TG6 and now on a Olympus PEN E-PL 10. I shoot mainly macro with the M.Zuiko 60mm and Inon diopters.

    Been reading forum topics for a while which has been really useful as I learn and progress with underwater photography.

  3. Hello Everyone, 

    I'm based in the UK and am currently sporting a Sony a7R iv, using a sea frogs housing and two Inon z330's... I have Sony 90mm macro, Sigma 15mm fisheye, and a Tamron 17-28mm lenses... 

    You can check out my underwater pics on instagram: champion3576

     

  4. New to the forums and UW photography. Just picked up a TG-6 with enclosure so I’ll be doing quite a bit of reading. Will be used for snorkeling in north Florida so pretty clear green water. 

  5. Hello Everyone,

    I've been reading these forums for years, but only joined just now. I'm an American underwater video shooter and have been using a GH5 rig for 5 years now (going to be upgrading soon...). I love big animals, little critters and the overall adventure/beauty of the underwater world.

    Glad to be finally be an active member of the forums.

  6. Greetings all-

    I've been a member of wetpixel since 2009 and just now getting around to an introduction it seems!  I started diving in the Puget Sound, Seattle, WA US and my wife bought me a compact underwater camera to start taking pictures to remember our trips.  We started our warm water diving love affair in Cozumel but then found the South Pacific and never looked back.  We worked toward a retirement plan that took us to Singapore as a temporary home base to facilitate finding where we would want to spend the rest of lives.  We found it in Dauin, Negros Oriental, Philippines.  We have lived here permanently for 3 years and loving every minute of it.  Coming out of the lock down we are finally able to visit more of the fantastic diving the Philippines have to offer.  My wife is now and underwater photography enthusiast and frankly a macro snob!

     

    Look forward to being more active and learning or sharing information.

     

    Cheers

    Paul

  7. 11 hours ago, scubapup said:

    We worked toward a retirement plan that took us to Singapore as a temporary home base to facilitate finding where we would want to spend the rest of lives.  We found it in Dauin, Negros Oriental, Philippines.  We have lived here permanently for 3 years and loving every minute of it.

    Really nice story, Paul. Good for you guys - and welcome (back, sort of!) to Wetpixel. 

  8. Thanks!

  9. Hi,

     

    I'm Paddy Ryan. I've been an underwater photographer for over 40 years. Currently coming to grips with using a Canon R5 underwater with the RS 105 macro in an Ikelite housing. I thought I was already member so am surprised to ne asked to do this but happy to do so.

    Paddy diving Revillagigedo Islands.jpg

  10. I am a life long photographer but brand new to shooting underwater! I am just about to purchase a underwater housing and looking to learn everything there is about underwater shooting, cameras! This site is full of awesome info that I’m looking to learn. Everybody seems so nice and helpful! Thanks so much, Jeff! 

  11. Hello everyone. I’m new to underwater photography but a life long above sea photographer! Looking to talk and learn new info about techniques. Places to dive or snorkel. Everybody seems so helpful and willing to share! It’s beyond complicated to fully understand everything but I can’t wait to get my first photos! 

    813E94A8-93F5-4B50-881F-3895AF84A78D.jpeg

  12. Hi,

    I'm Sebastian Gersbach from Spain and have been reading Wetpixel for about a month. I am a photographer but relatively new UW photography. Looking forward to learning better technique.

    •  
  13. Hello!

    Based in Northern California - I very much enjoy diving locally in the wonderful Monterey Bay - often with my UW camera. Focusing often on Macro/Snoot photography, bc the visibility is often challenging. Have enjoyed this forum (passively) very much - super helpful with the many question one has!
     

    Cheers to all!

    marc

  14. Hi everyone. Thanks for having me.

    I used to do a lot of recreational diving and u/w photography (Nikon F90 / Nexus Housing / 2xSubtronic alpha strobes), but fatherhood has somewhat cramped my diving style. Switched to a smaller Canon S90 rig with single Inon strobe: much easier on the excess baggage, for what are now only occasional forays beneath the waves (though I do miss the cf/wa shots).

    The lad is now 9 ... so in a few years I'll strap a tank on him, and hopefully we can start to enjoy the sport together.


     



     

  15. Hello everyone!  Didn't dive from 2008 until going to the Maldives last month (standard raising a kid stuff).  I initially made an account to ask some questions about my old rig (Fuji 810 in an Ikelight housing) but...it leaked like a sieve when I tried it out so plans changed!

    I've put together a new rig for St. Croix in August based on a WP-N3 Nikon 1 housing and a J4 with the 10-30mm and 18.5 lenses.  I plan to use my D-2000 and Ikelight handle with that new setup and maybe my UCL-165 Inon macro lens if I can find an AD-M63 adapter for it.  Looking forward to getting back into it.

    IMG_4141.JPG

    IMG_4903.JPG

    Edited by gpurcell
  16. On 6/15/2004 at 5:55 PM, james said:

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel!

    It is the most vibrant, knowledgeable and helpful underwater imaging community in the world. This is largely because the members of the community selflessly share their experience and skill. Please try to contribute yours too.

    Please use this topic to write a short introduction to the community.

    Once you have done so, this will unlock the ability to create your own topics in almost all the other forums. 

    The exception is the Classifieds, which is open to members that have contributed at least 3 posts in any other forums (your post in this topic counts as one of these)

    We look forward to your posts!

     

     

    Hi my name is Robyn and I live in Massachusetts. I learned to scuba dive when I was in Australia as an exchange student in 1986 so basically I learned on the Great Barrier Reef! I have been teaching about photography since 2001 on land and then in 2008 bought my first underwater housing system and have enjoyed taking pictures underwater and seeing so many of the fish and other marine creatures that were in aquariums at my fathers pet store! Here is me in the Maldives!

    IMG_6074 copy 2.jpg

    Edited by Robyn Bright — Typos
  17. Hi, 
    I'm a 23 years old biology student from Hungary. I've been doing wildlife photography for about 8 years. I've been also taking underwater photos for a few years now, but only in an amateur level. Now I'm doing an OWD course, purchased my strobes and trying to learn more about UW photography (thats why I'm here). 
    Gábor

  18. Hi,

    My name is Matt Chamberlin and I'm from Atlanta.  I've been diving for over 40 years and into serious underwater photography for the last 3-4.  I've got both a TG-6 setup and Aquatica Full Frame setup for my Canon 5D Mark II.  I've been photography Belize, the Bahamas and Grand Cayman lately and getting amazing instruction from Lisa Collins in Grand Cayman.  My next interest is UW Cinema Video and in particular the Red Komodo Camera and look forward to reading about it in this forum.

     

    I've joined Wetpixel to learn, research and have fun.

     

    Thanks and Happy Diving!

  19. Hiya! I’m Sage and im obsessed with seahorses and I’ll go on any dive #irondiver #realmermaid

  20. Hi I'm Dave and I'm a diveaholic.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.