Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Sorry forgot to include that I currently shoot a Sony A7iii with Isotta housing, mainly WA and fish ID shots. I really like pelagic expeditions recently and have been to Baja recently for sharks and the Marlin run.

    I’m debating on whether I need to upgrade now and sell my current rig that’s what initially drew me to wet pixel.

  2. I'm new on the list, and not sure if this is being done correctly.  Would hope someone can help.

  3. 1 hour ago, Flatirons diver said:

    Would hope someone can help.

    What do you need help with? The idea is to introduce yourself to the community on here...

  4. Greetings from Northern California:

    I have dove many of the popular warm water destinations in the Caribbean, pacific and Asia. For local diving, I head to the cool waters of Monterey where I have dove for about 30 years.  There the low light and surge can make underwater photography/videography challenging.  I started taking UW photos years ago with film, but more recently felt the need to make my life more complicated by trying to shoot UW video.  I currently use a Panasonic GH5 for stills/video and a GoPro when I need something very small.  With UW photos I shoot RAW files, all manual with two strobes and then process them with Lightroom.  I feel I have my photo workflow under control.  However, with video I am shooting 10 bit, 4:2:2 video in the natural color profile, and outputting MP4 files with the H264 codec in the camera.  I still struggle with getting the white balance right and the mixed light problem.  My video editing workflow in Resolve is also a work in progress.  Always good to have a challenge though.

    Regards,

    Stephen

  5. Hello Wetpixel forum!

    My name is Justin Blake, I am a shark scientist based in Cape Town, South Africa.

    My main work is focussed on sharing remarkable sharky stories, uncovered through science, in online and in-person experiences.
    My primary means of supporting my NGO and ocean conservation work is via: www.airbnb.com/shark
    Edited:Admin

    Looking forward to learning more from you all.
    Justin
    www.airbnb.com/shark
    www.rockhopper.co.za

    115071657_JustinBlakeProfilePic22.thumb.jpeg.2b0e46526565f64ae5c7cb947d25142c.jpeg

    Edited by adamhanlon
  6. Understood,  Just not sure how to post.

  7. 13 minutes ago, Flatirons diver said:

    Understood,  Just not sure how to post.

    You are doing! At least you are responding on an existing thread.

    To start a completely new thread, click on either the "+" or "Create" (depends if you are on a mobile or desktop) at the top of the web page then select New or Create New  and just follow along typing in whatever is appropriate.

     

    PS: you seem to have found it - just seen your post about Cozumel. Well done!

    Edited by TimG
  8. Thanks TimG appreciate letting me know.

  9. 3 hours ago, Flatirons diver said:

    Thanks TimG appreciate letting me know.

    :good:

  10. Finally figured out how you add a post.  Thanks for the reply

  11. Hello All,

    New to the forum, currently shooting Nikon D500,  Subal ND500, YS-D1 strobes.  Like shooting macro mostly.  Favorite spots are Roatan, Wakatobi and PNW.  

     

     

  12. Hi, I am Alex Lemberg, a diver and underwater photographer (as a hobby).

    For underwater photography, I am using a Nikon Z7 with Nauticam Housing and ports.

    Looking to extend my lens arsenal, but having a hard time to make the right lens choice. Hope I will learn and receive some valuable feedback from the forum here.

    I use to upload my underwater photos to this instagram account - 

    https://www.instagram.com/lembergarium/

     

    Edited by alex.lemberg
  13. hi,

    just a brief intro.  hoping to buy some gear.  new to u/w photog.  need 2 strobes from y canon 7d mk ii

  14. Morning Guys,

    Been here for a little while and thought I better get moving. My name Is Dave. I'm from Australia and live on the Gold Coast. 

     I have been diving for a few years and decided to start with underwater photography.

    My first system was the super awesome Tg-6 lol. Great starting camera without a doubt. Still is, I think. Since then, I moved up to a Nikon Z50 with a Nauticom Housing. Hope to get lots of info and finally get to post and respond in this great community, 

  15. Hello! Aaron here from the US. Currently using a sony A6500, but disappointed in my image sharpness so hoping to make a post and get some answers soon!

  16. Hello,

     

    UK diver, relatively new but loving it. I'm primarily the buddy for my partner who is a keen amateur above-water photographer and is now dipping into UW photography.

     

    I'm a bit of a "research everything before doing anything" nut (even though I know I've made my choice within about the first 15 s - everything else is really just backing that up) so I get the task of finding suitable kit.

     

    We use Sony cameras (A5xxx, A7R II) so currently trying to find a suitable housing for the A7R!

     

    Mike

  17. Hi

    I am from Norway. Started scuba diving in 1990, dived for about 5 years back then. Got back into scuba diving 6 years ago. Have been shooting video and and some still photography with an old gopro hero 5. just bought a olympus pt-ep 13 housing to my omd-em5mkii camera. Trying to navigate all the extra bits and pieces needed for lenses and strobes to the housing. Feels a bit complcated at the moment….Glad to be here and hoping to pick up a bit of advice for my kit.

    best regards

    Marius

  18. Hello everyone. Just getting my fins wet again after not diving for what seems like an eternity (pre-Covid)

     

    have always been shooting on a compact (Sony rx100) and love doing macro shots. 
     

    here for some recommendations and tips!

  19. Greetings.  I've been diving since the 70's, but am new to videography.  I've started with the new Gen 2 Paralenz Vaquita and a YouTube channel.  Much to learn.

  20. Hi folks, 

    North Atlantic diver here based in Ireland. After a break, I'm looking to take pictures again but still very much novice level. I have decided on a Sony compact and Nauticam housing. Looking forward to taking part here. 
    B

    Edited by Brid Deely — Just want to shorten it

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.