Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi,

    I am Wil Sampers from the Netherlands.

    I have diving for 21 years now and making photographs for 20 years underwater. I started with a Motomarine II, back in the analogue days. From there I used an Olympus Pen for around 10 years. An d this year I upgraded to a DSLR with a Seacam housing.

    Nice to meet you all!

     

     

  2. Hello everyone!!! I am Francis and I have been a diver and photography enthusiast since I was 14 years old.

  3. Hi all! Northern gulf coast based gulf and cavern/cave diver here. Been diving since 2001 and have recently decided to step my underwater photography game up! Been lurking here for quite awhile, but figured it was time to join! 
     

    My current setup is a Sony a6500 with salted line housing, sea and sea ys-03, and a couple different lens options. I’m looking forward to refining my skills and learning from all of you!

  4. Hi there! Margie from Perth, Western Australia. Have been playing with a camera on my dives for a few years now, but really want to improve my underwater photography skills, in the hope of moving from auto settings & pot luck, to actually having a hand in the pics I turn out - less by default & more by design. Occasionally I get lucky, and love what I’ve captured, but it’s pretty slim pickings to be honest. 

  5. Hi everyone,

    Laurent from France (UK based for now). Not new to photography nor diving but new to the two combined. It had to happen at some point (even though my bank account disagree)!

    I am still learning how to use my current set-up i.e. Olympus TG6, pt059, Inon UWL H100 and Dome, S&S YS 01 strobe.

  6. Hi all and thank you for welcoming me as a new member.  My name is Bob Daniels, and live in the San Luis Obispo CA area.  Didn't start diving until I was 53 and have been diving for 20 years (now you know how old I am).  For the last 10 years I grew more and more involved with still photography, and now it's my passion.

    I love dive travel, particularly to the South Pacific and Indian Ocean areas.   Would like to find more travel buddies (male or female), or groups to accompany me as airline travel is challenging for me due to hearing issues. 

    Looking forward to all Wetpixel has to offer.

  7. Hello,

    Originally a FL based diver, just moved to Maui and looking to get into true underwater photography. Ive been using aquariums and macro photography to photograph fish for about a year now, and am looking to take the leap into true underwater photography.

    Cheers

    Tim 

  8. Hi all,

    I'm a long time diver (1969) from Seattle just joining Wetpixel.  My wife and I dive Bonaire every year (12th trip coming up) and we've explored a decent portion of the Caribbean over the years.  I'm just moving up to a full frame rig (Canon R6 Mark2) from a four-thirds micro system (Olympus EM5).  Not too sure what I'm getting into!  Also, I just retired from NOAA after 32 years of the daily grind and looking forward to more fun underwater. 

    Cheers!

    Jim

  9. Hi all.  I've been diving for many years though just started my underwater photography journey recently.   I do most of my diving locally in California (yay kelp!) with at least a couple of warm water trips/year.  Just upgraded from my trusty Olympus TG-6 to Canon R5.  Quite the learning curve!  Look forward to learning from others in this group.

    -Melissa
    San Diego, CA

  10. 14 hours ago, huqiue said:

    Hi all.  I've been diving for many years though just started my underwater photography journey recently.   I do most of my diving locally in California (yay kelp!) with at least a couple of warm water trips/year.  Just upgraded from my trusty Olympus TG-6 to Canon R5.  Quite the learning curve!  Look forward to learning from others in this group.

    -Melissa
    San Diego, CA

    Welcome! Good to see you here!

  11. Hi everyone,  I've been diving for many years but most of my dives have been concentrated in the last 10 or so.  I dive a bit all over but mostly in the tropical seas of SE Asia.  I shot a TG-4 for about 7 years and loved it.  I have recently upgraded to an Olympus E-PL10 and am having lots of fun learning from my mistakes, and boy there are many.  Hoping to learn more from this community and also share my own experiences.  Some of my pics are on https://www.instagram.com/deantravers69.

    Dean

    Edited by DeanT
  12. On 1/20/2023 at 5:52 PM, foot doc said:

    Hi all and thank you for welcoming me as a new member.  My name is Bob Daniels, and live in the San Luis Obispo CA area.  Didn't start diving until I was 53 and have been diving for 20 years (now you know how old I am).  For the last 10 years I grew more and more involved with still photography, and now it's my passion.

    I love dive travel, particularly to the South Pacific and Indian Ocean areas.   Would like to find more travel buddies (male or female), or groups to accompany me as airline travel is challenging for me due to hearing issues. 

    Looking forward to all Wetpixel has to offer.

     

  13. Hi, I'm UK diver resident in Colombia. I've been into photography since I was a child (a hobby inherited from my dad). I'm now looking to move into underwater photography (only used action cams under the water so far) and looking at building a 7d system.

  14. Hi all,

    Thanks for the add admins. I'm Fraser, fairly long time diver originally from the UK now in BC, Canada. Also a fairly long time hobby photographer but I've never tried underwater photography, and I hope to change that!

    At the moment I just have a GoPro, Alex Mustard's book and enthusiasm :) but looking forward to learning a bunch.

    Best,

    Fraser. 

  15. Hi Everyone,

     

    I am excited to share images with you and to learn more and more. I travel pretty extesivley around the carribean and to parts of California and Mexico to dive. I just switched from my Ikelite setup to a Nauticam housing on my D850. 

     

    All the best! 

    Ken

  16. Hi,

    I'm a Turkish diver. I have been involved in photography for a long time. But I have been taking pictures underwater for about 5 years. I hope to both contribute and receive a good contribution here.

    Thanks

    Murat

  17. Hi I’m Jonathan from Austin Texas. I’ve been SCUBA certified since I was 16 in 2010. I had a canon s90 and underwater housing back then that i actually revitalized 2 years ago to use and st. Thomas and actually got some pretty great pictures of turtles. I’m a professional freelance photographer but can’t justify a housing for my Nikon z gear. Last year i got the aqua tech housing for my iPhone 13 and have been pretty happy with that for snorkeling in st. Thomas.

    Since i shoot digital full time above land I have gotten really into film photography as a way to still shoot photos for fun in my free time.

    I’m going back to st. Thomas in March and would like to have a decent underwater setup for my Nikon f100 film camera so I can shoot slides underwater and eventually project them.

    I’ve found a housing so just need lighting and arms to use with the sea and sea nx 100. I believe it’s a 5 pin connector and so would like 2 strobes that offer ttl. 15e32930d1042453b6f564ffeb227d62.jpg
    Axis go. Housing iPhone 13 Pro, St. John USVI 26cc87cb6d23b75f4a2316e2edd12f4a.jpg
    Blue dragon nudi branch tg-6, Mabul


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. Hello from Madison, Wisconsin USA.

    I was SSI Open Water certified in 2016 and have since logged 150 dives in BVI, Grand Cayman, Bonaire, and Roatan.

    I just came back from Alex's Cayman workshop (week 2) where I shot my RX100V in a Nauticam housing, WWL-C, and 2x Retra Prime X flashguns with wide angle diffusers.

    I am looking to make the leap to a mirrorless interchangeable lens system in the near future- something like a Sony A7RV or perhaps Nikon Z8 if the specs are right.

    Cheers!

     

    Mike

     

  19. Hello all,

    Paul here, originally from London but spent the last 25 years based in Sydney and now Singapore (10 years). I've been reading the articles and forums on Wetpixel since I got into underwater photography about 4-5 years ago. My first rig was a Sony RX100V, I upgraded this to a Sony A7III in 2019 and have just upgraded to a Sony A7RV a few weeks back (all in Nauticam housings). Living in South East Asia has allowed me to get out on dive trips in the region every few months.

    Didn't realise I needed to introduce myself to make comments in the forums... I've been stalking a great discussion in one of them on the Sony A7RV and was keen to contribute!

    Cheers,
    Paul

  20. Hello from currently ice covered North Texas,

    I started with a Nikonos V in the late 90"s and have had a progression of DSLR since.  I've jumped to the mirrorless world now with a Canon R5, Nauticam and Retra pro X.  Long time diver and photographer.  Rarely post.

    Happy February,

    Bill

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.