Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hey Everyone,

    My name is Carl, I am an avid diver located on Vancouver Island, BC.  I am really into taking underwater video and shoot with a Sony A7S3 in an Aquatica Housing and have 2 x 15,000 lumen Kraken lights.  I hope to learn more from the community and share anything helpful I've managed to learn through trial and error.

    Carl

     

  2. Welcome, Carl.  

    I too have the a7S3 and shoot underwater with it.  Been really amazed how well it white balances with natural light even at depth.  I'm experimenting with various blue gels on my lights to get the foreground areas to match  the blue of the ambient.  I'm curious if you are trying that with your local diving that has more of a green shift?  Happy to share any ideas with you.

     

    Blake

  3. 1 minute ago, Blakerunner57 said:

    Welcome, Carl.  

    I too have the a7S3 and shoot underwater with it.  Been really amazed how well it white balances with natural light even at depth.  I'm experimenting with various blue gels on my lights to get the foreground areas to match  the blue of the ambient.  I'm curious if you are trying that with your local diving that has more of a green shift?  Happy to share any ideas with you.

     

    Blake

    Thanks Blake!  Yes, white balancing has been a challenge, especially with wide angle shooting as the lighting and water color are constantly changing.  If I am too deep or it's too dark, ambient light white balance fails.  Generally, I try and set my white balance to my kelvin value of my lights (5600k).  I do use AWB too but only recently learned how to "lock it" with a custom button.  I was shooting with a GoPro before so this new camera has been a crazy learning curve, lol.  Happy to share ideas and things I learn too!

  4. Hi!  I'm from Southern California and have been diving since 1974.  I've been involved in underwater photography for about 10 years.  I started with some simple point and shoot cameras and am now just graduating to using a Canon R7 in a Nauticam housing.  My favorite place to dive is Indonesia, although California has some wonderful places as well.  I look forward to interacting with others on Wetpixel.

    Here is a YouTube video of my last trip to Raja Ampat in 2018:  

     

    Jeff 

  5. Hello from Canada! Joined in 2010 but have never posted….hoping to learn lots!

  6. Just joined the community.  Been diving for almost 50 years.  Love U/W photography.  Looking forward to learning much from this site.

  7. Down in Key Largo, shooting on a A7III.  Excited to finally get a Nauticam housing for it so I can ditch my old D300 and Ikelite housing

  8. Hello,

    I'm Kameron, and I'm currently shooting photos in Monterey, CA with an Olympus TG-5.  I am interested in learning more about underwater photography and meeting others.

  9. Hello everyone! I'm Brian and my current rig is a TG-5 in Olympus housing + 2 x Sea & Sea YS-01 strobes. I dive year round in the chilly waters of New England and while I freeze, I particularly love the macro life that arrives here in the winter. I recently picked up Underwater Photography Masterclass, which may end up being the most expensive $13 I've ever spent as I long to upgrade all of my gear. Happy diving!

  10. Hello all! I'm Scott, based in Portland Oregon, and im starting my journey into underwater photography!

  11. Hey I'm looking to hire photographers in various locations all over the world for different shoots throughout the year. The next upcoming shoot I'm looking to fill a slot for is at the end of June. The photographer must be located in or very close to Orlando [USA]. Experience with models and mermaids not necessary - just good equipment and technical acuity. This is paid. Please reply with your website info so I can review your work.

  12. Hi everyone...I'm Mike from Stuart FL. Started diving in 1992 and started underwater photography (film) in 1995. I'm currently shooting a Canon 5D Mark IV in a Aquatica housing with Inon 330 strobes. 

  13. Hello, we are a Canadian manufacturer that has been making underwater aluminum housings since 1982. We are here to interact with people and answer any questions they may have on our products!

  14. Hi everyone, From South Australia and an avid scuba diver who recently got the itch for underwater photography. I've a lot to learn as my journey begins. Just spent 4 days on a liveaboard Australia Great Barrier reef off Cairns

    Olympus TG6 camera

    Seafrogs underwater housing

    Seafrogs optical fisheye

    2 Divepro M35 video lights

    Dual hand stabilizer frame with extended trigger and assortment of ball arms and joints

  15. Hi all. I am Pietro from Italy. I have been diving for more than 20 years and int the last few years I discovered the Philippines which has become my favorite diving destination now. No need to say I am very much into macro-photography. I am happy with the current setup, an Olympus TG-6 in Nauticam housing and Backscatter MF-1 + Snoot but thinking about transitioning to a Micro 4/3 system soon. 

  16. Hi all, 

    I'm Frank from Germany. 

    Even before I started diving several years ago, photography was a great passion of mine. So it was not surprising that I quickly became interested in underwater photography. 

    A few years ago, i realised that photos alone were no longer enough for me and that i was more interested in videography. I am constantly trying to develop further in this area.

  17. No doubt!  Before I I started taking underwater photos, I was using a Canon A-1 film model.  I still have it (not sure what I'll do with it?).  Same thing happened when I started to shoot underwater.  Started out with a Sea & Sea film camera.  When I went digital, it opened a whole new world!  Shoot, shoot, shoot 

    best decision 

  18. Hi everyone! I'm Rachel from Auburn, AL. Been diving for almost 20 years and been an OW instructor for more than half of that time. I started UW photography in 2009 at 21 years old when my dad lent me his underwater camera rig for a Blackbeard's trip. Needless to say, I was hooked! I've followed this forum for a long time, and just now getting around to becoming a member. For the last 3 years, motherhood has caused my diving and shooting to take a backseat, but I'm back at it and glad to finally be a part of this community!

    My current rigs are a 7Dmk2 and an R5, both in Nauticam housings with duel Sea & Sea strobes.

    Cheers!

  19. Underwater photographer ad filmmaker living in Southeast USA.

  20. Gday there WetPixel Team,

     

    Introducing myself here, I'm an underwater camera operator have worked on many different productions most recently released three part ABC series on Ningaloo with Tim Winton.

     

    Currently live out of Perth and look forward to all the help of this forum and community. 

     

    Thank You 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.