Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello! I'm from San Diego CA new to underwater photography. I've done about 100 dives so far. I'm going to Indonesia soon and will be happy if I can get even one decent picture.

    Casey

  2. Hi

    I'm a lomg-time diver who has taken up UW photography in recent years. My main interest is taking record shots to identify fish & other life but becoming fascinated with macro photography. Joining for all the useful info here.

    Andrew

     

  3. Hello all,

    I've been diving since 2006, after a long time I thought I would share my experiences not only with words but also with photos. I bought my first UW housing ( saltedline 6xxxx ) for my existing camera and lenses. I have been following wetpixel since I started to learn about all camera systems and also about underwater photography experiences.

    Onur

     

  4. Hello all,

    My name is chris I am french expat living in the uae since 86 diving the region since 92 and taking photos underwater since 2008. Uw photography and diving is a passion for me i guess like for most of you. Just a quick edit  i shoot with nauticam housing d4, same with d500 with inons z240. Thank you for accepting me. 

     

    Cheers to everyone

    Edited by nomadadv
  5. Heya,

    I'm a freediver, spearo and photographer based in New Zealand. I've been reading the forums for years, mostly for tips and techniques, and for gear that allows me to get reasonable photo quality when freediving - anything to make my rig lower drag in the water! Of course with that comes either reduced light gathering capability, or compromised image quality. No free lunches :(

    I'm using m4/3 gear for that reason, and do a mix of strobe work with s2000s for the size, and natural light pics. 

    Cheers!

  6. Hi, I'm Tudor, I'm from New Zealand. I only free dive. My first kit was a Sony rx100iii. I used it all over pacific/Indian Ocean/Atlantic. I've now got a A7iii with Isotta housing. It is a big step up in quality/complexity - so interested in reading people's experiences/settings in various situations.  Thanks!

  7. Hi

    I'm Rob from Kent (UK).  Keen photographer and snorkeler.  Have an Olympus TG-6 but also looking to try out the Sealife SportDiver with my iPhone 13 Pro Max.  Currently have some questions regarding the SportDiver.  Joined the list for general info and to compare notes with other iPhone users.

     

  8. Hi All

    Im a lifelong Professional Commercial photographer and  Based in the UK.  I  Started my commercial practice in 1986, after studying photography at College  and  a further 18 months of Assisting.  I then started shooting Underwater  in the early 90s after spending a few years diving saying to myself I never would Lol .  And still love to do so..

  9. Rob I have used the sport diver and other phone housings just for convenience on occasion.  It is a finicky housing to my mind- I eventually had 3 housings as you never knew which one you would be able to alarm ok.  The sensor would get wet even from humid air apparently and  drying it with the hair dryer which the company rep recommended, did not always work.  It does take good pics in good lighting.  I used 2 video lights but even with that, below 25 ft the light was just not good.  Strobes were a big need and of course not usable with that housing., 

  10. Hi:  I have been taking UW photos since 1974, using Nikonos II and V cameras and strobes until switching to a Sony A6400 in a Fantasea housing and two S&S D2J strobes in 2019.  I primarily shoot wide angle closeups in tropical waters.  I am a semi retired salmon scientist, so I have much more time now to travel the planet and take UW photos. 

     

    Greg

  11. Hello All, 

    My name is Christoffer. I am from Denmark but currently living in Austin Texas. Excited to be part of this community!

  12. Hi! My name is Edmund and I am from atlanta. Been diving for many years and working with a rx100v setup with iketlite housing. My favorite lenses have been the nauticam cmc-1 with ys-d2j strobes. I have a lot to learn still and hoping to fine tune my skills on this forum. 

  13. Been a member for ages but never got around to posting. Based in Bournemouth UK, been shooting underwater images since 1997

  14. Hi All, been a member for over 2 years, but have never posted. Based in Australia, just starting to shoot underwater images and going on a big dive trip pretty soon. Keen to learn more about wetpixel and all the knowledge that forum members have to share! Cheers!

  15. 2 hours ago, DorianTsai said:

    Hi All, been a member for over 2 years, but have never posted. Based in Australia, just starting to shoot underwater images and going on a big dive trip pretty soon. Keen to learn more about wetpixel and all the knowledge that forum members have to share! Cheers!

    Hey DorianTsai!

    Well done breaking cover! Any info or advice you might need on your trip, just yell. I think between the members on this forum, they've been and dived most places!

    Best wishes

  16. Hi All, 

    My name is Adam and I have been taking underwater photos for a few years. I currently own an Olympus OMD EM5 Mark I in a Nauticam housing.

    Just recently I came across the Wetpixel Live channel on You Tube with Adam Hanlon and Dr. Alex Mustard and I enjoy the series very much. The wealth of information is presented in a very clear and entertaining way. Great job!!

    I am happy to join the community. 

  17. Hi all

    TIA for the welcome. I'm not actually new to this site, I've been lurking in the shadows sponging information for about 6 years I think. A special thanks to Interceptor for his opinions on the Sony RX100 systems. Thats what I've been using for a number of years. I've now retired, live in southwest Florida and have moved up to a Sony A6600 system.

  18. Hi all,

     

    I'm Will, a coral ecologist and photographer working for the Perry Institute for Marine Science in The Bahamas. I've been an underwater photographer for about 14 years (since I was 12!) and my job is mostly doing underwater photogrammetry for coral reef monitoring. I use wetpixel often but am just now wanting to post in the forums! I use Nikonos lenses (12mm Fisheye and 15mm) adapted to a Sony A7C / Nauticam setup and an Olympus E-PL10 / AOI as backup. 

    Edited by wgreene11
  19. Hi, My name is Philippe. I am a underwater photographer since 2008. I still have this hobby and is still growing.

    I like Macro, wide angle, fish, all kind of undrwater photos.

    I just come back fromAnilao, philippines and it was AMAZING !

    Regards

  20. Hey guys, I am a Freediver located in Germany. I have done fotographie and filming in the past but over the waterline. Now I want to take my camera down with me! 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.