Hello from Norway

Greetings from Norway - new member very happy to see a dedicated uw photo forum starting to build the traffic and material.

Been diving for almost 30 years, but my photography journey only started in 2018. Volunteering as a boat captain at the Norwegian UW photo championship I saw first hand what @Rune Edvin Haldorsen was able to achieve with a TG-5, and I promptly bought my first rig, a TG-5. After a year I realized I needed the freedom of manual and added a Sony A6400 with Meikon Salted line housing to the collection. This served me well, and I used it to win the Norwegian UW photo championship both in 2022 and 2023. I recently upgraded to A7RV, Seafrogs housing and still working to get the most out of that camera.

I dive on the Norwegian west coast, with just a small sprinkling of international trips. A quick shoutout to @Scubakron, I read his intropost, very similar equipment, competition status and west coast diving in our respective countries.

webpage

facebook (I'm old)

instagram

• Like 6

On 4/3/2024 at 7:28 PM, Scubaman said:

Greetings from Norway - new member very happy to see a dedicated uw photo forum starting to build the traffic and material.

Been diving for almost 30 years, but my photography journey only started in 2018. Volunteering as a boat captain at the Norwegian UW photo championship I saw first hand what @Rune Edvin Haldorsen was able to achieve with a TG-5, and I promptly bought my first rig, a TG-5. After a year I realized I needed the freedom of manual and added a Sony A6400 with Meikon Salted line housing to the collection. This served me well, and I used it to win the Norwegian UW photo championship both in 2022 and 2023. I recently upgraded to A7RV, Seafrogs housing and still working to get the most out of that camera.

I dive on the Norwegian west coast, with just a small sprinkling of international trips. A quick shoutout to @Scubakron, I read his intropost, very similar equipment, competition status and west coast diving in our respective countries.

webpage

facebook (I'm old)

instagram

Nice to meet a fellow uw-photographer! Hope we cross paths underwater some day 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...