KRL-02 with TG-6 and Olympus Housing

I'm going whale snorkeling on the Silver Banks of the Dominican Republic. Rather than lugging around my OM10 in a Nauticam housing with a WWL-1, I've desided to use my TG-6/Olympus housing with a Lraken KRL-02 wet side angle. Any hints for this combo? Will I need to burp the lens once in the water? 

On 6/7/2024 at 1:58 AM, fruehaufsteher2 said:

Use the OM10. 

if going with the whales is similar to French Polynesia, then you will be happy to have all the postprocesss abilities. 

I have exactly the same post-processing workflow with the TG6 and the OM10; both provide RAW, both go into Lightroom. Have I misunderstood your comment?

1 hour ago, Mel Briscoe said:

I have exactly the same post-processing workflow with the TG6 and the OM10; both provide RAW, both go into Lightroom. Have I misunderstood your comment?

Basically while you can still Raw process the TG-6 gives you much less latitude to boost shadows and and boost contrast before noise and processing artifacts intrude.

3 hours ago, Chris Ross said:

Basically while you can still Raw process the TG-6 gives you much less latitude to boost shadows and and boost contrast before noise and processing artifacts intrude.

Thanks Chris, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

I've been to Moorea 2 years ago and had the RX100VA with me. Nice quality and minimal drag. But when I see what I can get out of the images from the full-frame camera in post-processing, I'm sad that I didn't have a big camera with me back then. You rarely get really close to the big animals (and you shouldn't), so having the largest possible reserves in RAW is extremely important.

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.