Auto review issue on Sony a7iv

Hi, I have a problem with the auto review function on my Sony a7iv. 
The problem is that the 2 second auto review displays the image much more colorful and vibrant than it actually is. When I go to ordinary playback (while I'm still at the same depth)  the colours are much more bland and more true to how they look in a computer. 
This only happens under water, not on land. 
I wonder if the ambient light somehow affects this?
Monitor settings are set to manual, gamma assist is off.

FB_IMG_1720625914515.jpg

Typically what you see on the rear screen is the embedded jpeg and this is influenced by the JPEG settings like brightness/contrast and sharpening.  But as far as I am aware the screen and EVF should be displaying the same thing.

You could compare the image brightness between the EVF and the rear screen inn controlled (dark) environment to see if there is any difference noted when viewing a previously taken image

Some things could be influencing this.  First if the brightness settings for EVF and Screen are different.  The other thing to consider is that EVF goes quickly from a dull looking natural light image to suddenly displaying a fully illuminated by flash image which is generally more colourful.  It may take time for your eyes to adjust when this happens and the auto review time is probably not long enough.

• Like 2

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.