Housing Lanyards

1 hour ago, fruehaufsteher2 said:

I measured 36cm from one shekel to the other. How long should be the paracord? 10m?

I use 12:1. So (36cms minus a little bit for the connectors) x12

Bon courage!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also made some - which work fine for me and my way:

There are two styles to handle the camera: handing it into a boat or carrying it a more or less longer way to the shore.

Also it's not easy to attach boltsnaps to the seacam strobe arms. So i made some smaller modifications:

Between the clamps a made a kind of hooks (seacam sells them but you can built them by your own with a pair of pliers and some 1.5 mm stainless stell wire) where a small lanyard can be attachted. This is good as handle but wouldn't recommend to use this to hand it in a boat. For that i have a pretty long lanyard to attach to the housing. It's as long that it reaches up to the small lanyard which fixes the strobearms (i also fix the strobe with a bungee to the arm). Then it is really easy to handle the camera even if the boat group is a bit harsh with the handling. During the dive i put both lanyards on an D-ring (i dive a wing, so they go in the waist D-Ring).

The second one i use is when i have to walk quite a few meters to the shore (like in the Netherlands when walking over a dyke to get into the water). It's sometimes pretty exhausting carrying the camera and the dryuit with weights over the dyke. So i made a smaller lanyard which can be attached to the right housing and the other end will be clipped to the right shoulder D-ring. So the weight of the camera goes onto the jacket and it is pretty easy to walk even a few hundred meters with it.

IMG_1930.jpeg

IMG_1929.jpeg

IMG_1928.jpeg

IMG_1927.jpeg

IMG_1926.jpeg

IMG_1919.jpeg

• Like 2

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.