First attempt at HDR (output) photography

Cenote Carwash near Tulum, Mexico. After recent rains, the tanins from the surrounding jungle enter the water, transforming it into kaleidoscopic shades of green (in this case.. I'm told sometimes it's red). I've no idea if Waterpixels / Chrome will allow this to be posted in HDR -- you could also try to look at it on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fridgemagnetfilms/.

I exported it from Lightroom using HDR enabled in the P3 color space.

IMG_4492-Edit.jpg

(Edited in HDR using Lightroom, then Photoshop. Unfortunately, I've discovered that HDR requires 32-bit float representation in Photoshop, which means you can't use some common tools like the spot healing brush. This is a big bummer -- otherwise I would've tried to remove some of (my own) bubbles in the upper section of the picture.) Anyone know any tools that allow spot healing in an HDR image?

This is shot at ISO 1600, f 1/15 to account for the very low light environment, meaning there's a bit of motion blur on the diver (and foreground trees). 

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.