Wwl-b1 with 24-60... What focal length?

I was watching alex excellent video on a1 Sony settings and he mentioned using SteadyShot Adjust Manual mode when using the 28-60 lens with the wwl-b1 wet lens. He suggested to dial in the focal length in this scenario. 

Quick kudos for the smart ones on here that know how i can find this out please? Is it 14mm or more or less? 

Weather is bad here so im tweaking....

PXL_20240727_094244068.MP.jpg

Edited by HCIdiver

Maybe this helps:

https://www.usa.canon.com/pro/electronic-range-calculators/angle-of-view?srsltid=AfmBOopuFgvwHXgH0bqclAwuZc_ufA1ykX-Sy2UdmSg6C-fWz8_ckvMu

in combination with the Nauticam Port Charts:

https://www.nauticam.com/pages/wwl-1-port-chart

The converter FOV is 130-70 degrees but the information whether this is vertical, horizontal or diagonal is not given. Let‘s say it is diagonal.

The according focal length at 130 deg could be around 10-11mm if used on land. For 70 deg it is around 30mm

• Thanks 1

The WWL is a 130° field on the diagonal axis however it is stretched significantly more in the corners due to the barrel distortion.  The horizontal field works out to be about that of a 13-14mm full frame lens.  It is equivalent to a 10mm or so rectilinear lens only on the diagonal.  I would think using the horizontal field which has a slightly magnified image scale as input to the stabilisation routines would probably be the best bet as it is  the effective focal length for most of your subject.

• Thanks 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.