RTFM (Read The F@*%# Manual)

Davide DB

Or at least check the box properly...

Tonight I was changing lens and port for WA shooting and opening the WWL case I noticed for the first time a small bulge in the inside pocket of the lid.
So after 5 years of shooting with the WWL I discovered that there is a small thingamabobs to easily remove the lens.
It is never too late 🤪

20240902_215101.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, TimG said:

Brilliant!

But doncha just love it when, after some years, you find some doohdad that you didn't realise was there? 

Probably, but in this case I felt myself very stupid. In the past I even applied a sort of bungee to remove easily the lens.

but.. there is a lack of video to show how to set up some of the lens... like this for example... 

i guess LDS should help... but we are all buying a lot of stuff online... and trying to figure things out ourselves..

example... putting a viewfinder... when i learnt it... i keep thinking.. that's it?  it wont leak? hahaha

Edited by hellhole

49 minutes ago, hellhole said:

but.. there is a lack of video to show how to set up some of the lens... like this for example... 

i guess LDS should help... but we are all buying a lot of stuff online... and trying to figure things out ourselves..

example... putting a viewfinder... when i learnt it... i keep thinking.. that's it?  it wont leak? hahaha

I think changing a viewfinder is my worst nightmare.

No clue how to do it, and attached in the housing forever 😅

2 hours ago, canislupus said:

I think changing a viewfinder is my worst nightmare.

No clue how to do it, and attached in the housing forever

I thought the same thing but, if it's anything like the Subal or Nauticam system, it is dead easy and takes 3-4 minutes. If you have a vacuum valve system on the housing it's easy to check that you have got it on right and the seal is good. 

11 minutes ago, TimG said:

I thought the same thing but, if it's anything like the Subal or Nauticam system, it is dead easy and takes 3-4 minutes. If you have a vacuum valve system on the housing it's easy to check that you have got it on right and the seal is good. 

Thank you.

Mine is S&S housing with the S&S 45º viewfinder, I suppose it should be more or less the same.

I don’t have vacuum valve system.

Similar, I’m sure. The Subal and Nauticam viewfinders have a threaded end to them. A large circular, threaded retaining ring screws on to the viewfinder threads inside the housing and holds it place. Subal use two o-rings on the shaft of the viewfinder to prevent water ingress into the housing. 

To remove the viewfinder you unscrew the retaining ring and gently pull the viewfinder out. To refit, push the viewfinder back through the hole in the housing back and refit the retaining ring and tighten gently. 

5 hours ago, TimG said:

Similar, I’m sure. The Subal and Nauticam viewfinders have a threaded end to them. A large circular, threaded retaining ring screws on to the viewfinder threads inside the housing and holds it place. Subal use two o-rings on the shaft of the viewfinder to prevent water ingress into the housing. 

To remove the viewfinder you unscrew the retaining ring and gently pull the viewfinder out. To refit, push the viewfinder back through the hole in the housing back and refit the retaining ring and tighten gently. 

Old school threaded rings most Nauticam one have an O ring remove push out viewfinder , less than a minute to remove and replace .

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.