Philippines trip advice sort.

Mark H

On 9/17/2024 at 4:57 AM, Troporobo said:

I’ve only had the chance to see mandarin fish at Anilao and Malapascua. Both sites required a boat ride, though fairly short and certainly pleasant at sunset.  I’m not aware of a “house reef” in the Philippines that has them. Maybe others know?

One of the resorts in Anilao has mandarin fish on the house reef, I think it's the Aiyanar house reef? It's been a few years...

• Thanks 1

No kidding?!  Wish I’d known that during the years I was staying and diving just down the road!

We always found mandarinfish in the shallow rubble near the wreck of the Dari Laut at Maricaban Island.  It’s a short ride from most spots on the Anilao side.  A late afternoon dive looking for painted frogfish on the wreck then waiting til dusk for the mandarinfish was a favorite way to end the day. 

• Thanks 1

@Mark H Just catching this thread, and I'm not sure if you're flexible on your timing, but I have a group headed to Puerto Galera (we stay at Edgewater Resort and really like it) in late April/into early May 2025 (as we're combining it with a Palau liveaboard and the flights to Palau work well in/out of Manila). 

Anyway if that interests you, I'm happy to pass on the details. Love the diving in Puerto Galera (and Philippines in general).

Kim 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kim R said:

@Mark H Just catching this thread, and I'm not sure if you're flexible on your timing, but I have a group headed to Puerto Galera (we stay at Edgewater Resort and really like it) in late April/into early May 2025 (as we're combining it with a Palau liveaboard and the flights to Palau work well in/out of Manila). 

Anyway if that interests you, I'm happy to pass on the details. Love the diving in Puerto Galera (and Philippines in general).

Kim 🙂

That sounds amazing but our holidays mean that it is going to be sometime after January but before mid March. In 2026 I'm hoping to retire in May so I think I'll have to be working in April and the beginning of May.

Thank you so much for the kind offer 💗 as it would have been great to meet up with other waterpixelers. I think we are thinking about Raja Ampt in late 2026 if anyone is doing anything then. Then in 2027 we should both me retired and our plan is 3 months a year in Asia diving at our ease as much as we can afford 🤪. Should be able to meet up with others and chance for me to actually learn to take half decent pictures 😂.

2 hours ago, Mark H said:

Then in 2027 we should both me retired and our plan is 3 months a year in Asia diving at our ease as much as we can afford 🤪

Sounds brilliant! Good for you guys!

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.