Skip to content

New Member saying hello.....

Featured Replies

Hi,

My name is Chris aka Chipstix. I'm new to the forum as I am getting back into underwater photography having dabbled in one form or another in the past. Hello!

I live in the UK and I've been diving for about 25 years, and typically dive in tropical waters. Needless to say I love it and am at my happiest when bobbing around with the majesty of the underwater world.

I used to have a Canon IXUS SD850IS in an Ikelite housing which I used in the Caribbean and Borneo having read Martin Edge's 3rd edition from cover to cover! Despite only using the internal flash and simple diffuser I was able to make many photos that I still treasure to this day. I've posted a link below to that trip's collection.

That housing had to be retired eventually, and I went diving without a camera for several years before the urge overtook me again!

So I recently bought a used rig consisting of TG-6, PT-059 housing and dual Sea & Sea YS-01 Solis strobes. This is for an upcoming liveaboard in the Maldives in early February.

I am very excited about the trip, and in fact next week I have booked a 1 day 1:1 training course with Maria Munn down in Bournemouth.

So this brings us to the question of why today to join the forum!?! Well, I was practicing and testing the kit I bought late last year and have sadly discovered an issue with one of the YS-01 strobes that I wanted to get some help and advice on. So I will head over to the relevant forum section to see if anyone can help me out!

ImgBB
No image preview

Underwater Portfolio

Borneo 2010
AOI

Welcome Chris/Chipstix! Nice photos! This is a great place to find inspiration, information, and help you spend your hard-earned money.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.