Skip to content

Marelux MV60 for M43?

Featured Replies

I’m seeing good things about the Marelux MV60. One concerning thing I saw was that it doesn’t play nicely with lens image stabilization. I’d hate to have to turn off IS on the OM as it works so well.

I’ve tried the MFO-3 with my 60 mm macro lens and loved it. Unfortunately they don’t seem to be available.

What can I expect with the MV60 on my Olympus 60mm? Is it available?

AOI

I have not heard of any IBIS issues using the MV60 and yes it should work well with the Oly 60 macro. Marelux US has one left in stock and more arriving soon.

6 hours ago, ACHiPo said:

I’m seeing good things about the Marelux MV60. One concerning thing I saw was that it doesn’t play nicely with lens image stabilization. I’d hate to have to turn off IS on the OM as it works so well.

I’ve tried the MFO-3 with my 60 mm macro lens and loved it. Unfortunately they don’t seem to be available.

What can I expect with the MV60 on my Olympus 60mm? Is it available?

The only issue with lens stabilisation would be the fact that it is a ~35mm lens instead of a 60mm lens at least for the MFO3. The MV60 should be a similar multiplier as it is made for the same job so it should perform the same way a far as stabilisation goes. It is a camera thing rather than anything to do with the MFO3/MV60. I haven't tested video which may have different problems, but you can manually change the focal length in the menus of the OM-1.

As a side note, stabilisation is very much an issue for video - I think this applies to both Marelux and Nauticam conversion lenses.
From what I understood, the change in focal length confuses lens stabilisation calculations and the image bounces all over the place.
I use the MFO3 with the Sony 100mm macro on the A7SIII, and turned off lens OSS (but didn't have to change anything with IBIS), no issues.
I've heard similar feedback from someone shooting video on the Nikon Z8.

But it's very much a video related issue. I think Davide had noticed a similar issue with another lens conversion for video - seems like the changes in focal length and real time lens stabilisation leads to issues.

Manually setting the focal length in camera might be a work around if your camera allows it.

Edited by bghazzal

  • Author
34 minutes ago, bghazzal said:

As a side note, stabilisation is very much an issue for video - I think this applies to both Marelux and Nauticam conversion lenses.
From what I understood, the change in focal length confuses lens stabilisation calculations and the image bounces all over the place.
I use the MFO3 with the Sony 100mm macro on the A7SIII, and turned off lens OSS (but didn't have to change anything with IBIS), no issues.
I've heard similar feedback from someone shooting video on the Nikon Z8.

But it's very much a video related issue. I think Davide had noticed a similar issue with another lens conversion for video - seems like the changes in focal length and real time lens stabilisation leads to issues.

Manually setting the focal length in camera might be a work around if your camera allows it.

Thanks @Chris Ross and @bghazzal this helps explain a comment I'd seen regarding stabilization. It also explains why the MFO-3 worked flawlessly on my OM 60mm for photos. I expect the MV-60 to as well.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.