EMWL with non-Nauticam Housing?

Hy to everybody!

Has anybody tried to use Nauticam's EMWL on a non-Nauticam Housing? As far as I have seen, the Nauticam bayonett-mount has to be screwed on a 67mm threaded port and the macro lens has to match. But would it work on an Ikelite or Aquatica or Sea&Sea housing? Could there be some drawbacks in combination with other housing manufacturers?

Thanks a lot! Any advice will be sincerly appreciated!

7 hours ago, Hidroj said:

Hy to everybody!

Has anybody tried to use Nauticam's EMWL on a non-Nauticam Housing? As far as I have seen, the Nauticam bayonett-mount has to be screwed on a 67mm threaded port and the macro lens has to match. But would it work on an Ikelite or Aquatica or Sea&Sea housing? Could there be some drawbacks in combination with other housing manufacturers?

Thanks a lot! Any advice will be sincerly appreciated!

A key variable is how well the macro port fits the lens.  Nauticam ports are very good in this regard.  Some other brands are not as good and the lens sits back a bit from the glass.  Doesn't impact shooting with a macro lens but can be a problem with wet optics.

Also as far as I am aware the EMWL components connect via the Nauticam bayonet system.  The Bayonet adapter can screw onto a and M67 port but the port needs to be suitable.  If the flange around the m67 thread is too wide it can't be screwed on.  See the photo in this post:

https://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?/topic/68595-wwl-1b-on-seafrogs-housing/&tab=comments#comment-433827

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TimG said:

So EMWL and Subal….. Get behind me, Satan. 🤢😱

Do I detect a refresh of the car stereo system parable, Tim?  We'll all be on your side... apparently an EMWL only costs $200, doesn't it? 😝

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JustinO said:

Do I detect a refresh of the car stereo system parable, Tim?  We'll all be on your side... apparently an EMWL only costs $200, doesn't it? 😝

Brilliant! How about I go for $199? Always a convincing figure I thought..... 

• Haha 1

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.