Using Max lensmod (2) for diving

Does anyone here have some experience shooting the GoPro with the max lensmod on?

If so, what housing were you using with it? 

I am looking to have a wider option for the gopro but would like to keep the setup small and contained so wet optics or big domes are not preferred in my situation.

I don't think so.

Already the normal lens suffers in water because of its wide FOV and flat glass. 

The Max Lens Mod increases the field to 170 degrees so a real fisheye and would need a proper dome.

Water resistance drops to 5 metres and Gopro itself claims it is not optimised for underwater images.

Your best bet is to buy an AOI or Inon wet lens.

Here you have a video in Italian with English subtitles on mod 1. 

I have no expectation of it working without case or behind flat glass. 
My question is if somebody tried a housing that works and what the results were.

So far I have seen some Chinese housings that look like this, they are curved a bit.

Adding wet optics will most likely be a lot better but I don't want to make the setup bigger in my use case so they are pretty much ruled out.
null

image.jpeg

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.