Ikelite Housing and Ports for Nikon D800/D800E

ridgebackpilot

Switching to Mirrorless! I just purchased a Nikon Z8, so my DSLR equipment needs to go. First up is a nearly new Ikelite FL 51309 underwater housing system for Nikon D800 or D800E. Only used a couple of times on dives in Hawaii. Works perfectly! I've listed the housing on eBay for $750 but I'd rather sell it here.

Housing comes with the following accessories:

• 5510.11 Dome Port for wide-angle and fisheye lenses like Nikkor 16-35mm wide angle zoom or Nikkor 8-15mm fisheye zoom
  • 5510.35 Flat Port for macro lenses such as the Nikkor 105mm macro lens
  • 5510.28 Port Extension for use with dome and flat ports
  • 5510.11 Port Extension for use with dome port
  • 5509.28 Zoom Gear for use with zoom and fisheye lenses
  • Ikelite Tray and Handles for housing

Will soon post related equipment that works with this housing, including:

• Nikon D800 and D800E camera bodies
  • AF-S Micro Nikkor 105mm macro lens
  • Two Ikelite Substrobe DS51
  • Ikelite Substrobe DS160
  • Ikelite Substrobe DS161 Movie
  • Ikelite DL1 DS Link TTL Connector
  • Ikelite strobe synch cords

Any questions? Please send me a message!

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Ikelite FL System #2.jpg

Ikelite FL System.jpg

Ikelite Port Extension.jpg

Edited by ridgebackpilot

Curious as to why you are getting rid of the strobe and 105mm just because you got a Z8. You can still use all of those with the new system. I also just got a Z8 and Nauticam housing, but I'm not going to dump my F-mount 105mm lens or the others anytime soon. The Z versions might be new and improved, but not by much. 

3 hours ago, Dave_Hicks said:

Curious as to why you are getting rid of the strobe and 105mm just because you got a Z8. You can still use all of those with the new system. I also just got a Z8 and Nauticam housing, but I'm not going to dump my F-mount 105mm lens or the others anytime soon. The Z versions might be new and improved, but not by much. 

Thanks, Dave. I realize I can use my existing gear with the Z8. Indeed it's all perfectly serviceable. But I've got my eyes on new, lighter flashguns, and I've got to finance that purchase by selling some of my existing gear.

I'm actually keeping several of my F-series lenses, including my Nikkor 8-15mm fisheye zoom. I've got the Nikon adapter that allows me to use any of my older lenses with the Z8. 

If you haven't seen it already, check out this new video by @Alex_Mustard on recommended lenses for the Nikon Z8. Among other things, he says (at 15:26 in the video) that the new Nikkor Z 105mm is superior to the AF-S Nikkor 105mm that I have. The video, and his previous one on the Nikon Z8, are full of good information on how to shoot the Z8 underwater and with what lenses.

Edited by ridgebackpilot

I just started diving my Z8 this week. So far I am using my F-mount lenses but I should have a Z24-50 to put behind a WWL-C in a day or two. As for the 105mm, I really can't image how much better the Z version could be. It's already an extremely sharp and fast lens. Replacing it just seems unnecessary and conspicuous. (as if replacing my D850 system wasn't already...)

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.