Jump to content

WTB Nauticam 45 degree Full Frame Angle Viewfinder 40° / 0.8:1


EFLT

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ridgebackpilot said:

Thanks for this, unfortunately this is not the one with 40 degree view, I currently have this one for my DSLR , putting it on the miroless has some chromatic abration issue. 

2 hours ago, Phil Rudin said:

I have the 180 straight version if that may be of interest.

Thank you for offering, I would personally prefer a 45 degree first. if I cannot find one I might reach out for the 180 degree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EFLT said:

Thanks for this, unfortunately this is not the one with 40 degree view, I currently have this one for my DSLR , putting it on the miroless has some chromatic abration issue. 

I have one of the older models, too, and I plan to use it with my Nikon Z8. Evidently you can adjust the EVF to make it slightly smaller so that you can see the entire frame through the viewfinder.

 

Hadn't heard about any chromatic aberration; are you certain that's the fault of the Nauticam viewfinder? Could the camera's EVF itself be responsible for what you're seeing?

 

Edited by ridgebackpilot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omg! Chromatic aberration! Run, fast.

 

I've just got a Z8 and have been using my old Nauticam 45 with it. The viewfinder is set to the smaller setting which seems adequate to get the full field of the viewfinder in the eyepiece. If the is any chromatic aberration it is confined to the periphery. I didn't notice anything so it must be subtle.

 

I don't doubt that the new model is likely better. I could afford to buy it if i wanted to, but i just don't see how it is necessary or would make a tangible improvement. If i find someone else using one with the Z8 i will compare. Until then i am happy with the old viewfinder.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dave_Hicks said:

Omg! Chromatic aberration! Run, fast.

 

I've just got a Z8 and have been using my old Nauticam 45 with it. The viewfinder is set to the smaller setting which seems adequate to get the full field of the viewfinder in the eyepiece. If the is any chromatic aberration it is confined to the periphery. I didn't notice anything so it must be subtle.

 

I don't doubt that the new model is likely better. I could afford to buy it if i wanted to, but i just don't see how it is necessary or would make a tangible improvement. If i find someone else using one with the Z8 i will compare. Until then i am happy with the old viewfinder.

I have an old nauticam 45 degree too from my DSLR housing, for some reason when I put it on my R3 nauticam housing, the CA is quite severe if the angle is even slightly tilted. and distortion caused a bit of car sick after viewing it for a bit.. that's why I am looking for another solution..  one thing I could try is just use the LCD, but that requires sometime to get used to. 

4 hours ago, ridgebackpilot said:

I have one of the older models, too, and I plan to use it with my Nikon Z8. Evidently you can adjust the EVF to make it slightly smaller so that you can see the entire frame through the viewfinder.

 

Hadn't heard about any chromatic aberration; are you certain that's the fault of the Nauticam viewfinder? Could the camera's EVF itself be responsible for what you're seeing?

 

I m actually not sure.. it could be just due to R3's EVF , I heard you can do it in nikon but I don't think canon it is an option to make EVF display smaller unfortunately 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I should try to get used to it with my old 45 degree see if I can adapt and compose to compensate the loss of FOV and get used to the car sick 😅

Edited by EFLT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dave_Hicks said:

I shot this finger tip sized grunt sculpin last night with my Z8 and 105/+5 diopter combo last night. No trouble at all and i didn't lose my lunch in the process!

 

Redondo Pier January 31, 2024 (35 of 125).jpg

great shot! I keep getting ganged up by the Z8 gangs 😆

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Thanks For Your Support

    backscatter_block.gif Fotosubshop_Logo_Longnew.png
    isotta_logo.png INONlogo_Waterpixel.jpg
    marelux.gif nauticam_WPX.jpg
    RPV Banner.png Retra2.png
    SeaandSeaLogo.png turtlelogo.png
    image001.png image.png

    image.png
    XRAY Magazine

     

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.