Info about Wireless Flash TX/RX for Sony

Hi to all! 

Does anyone experience with using wireless transmitters and flashes?

I have a Gates housing with Ax100 (it is not a photo camera but it happens to be used for taking pictures) that has no fibre or copper cabling ports, I wonder if there is a working system similar to the Wireless RC Flash System without having to modify the housing...

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Lorenzo Bonemei said:

Hi to all! 

Does anyone experience with using wireless transmitters and flashes?

I have a Gates housing with Ax100 (it is not a photo camera but it happens to be used for taking pictures) that has no fibre or copper cabling ports, I wonder if there is a working system similar to the Wireless RC Flash System without having to modify the housing...

Thanks in advance!

Most remotes for flashes use either cable, radio signals or optical signals.  I would  think that radio signals would have trouble getting out of the housing and penetration through water would be limited.

How do you plan to trigger the flash?  It looks like the camera has a multi interface shoe so you should be able to attach a flash trigger.  You would need a trigger with a longer cord for the LEDs and you could probably mount them to the inside of the viewfinder window and stick a port on the outside to attach a fibre optic cable.  Most important you need enough space inside to mount the trigger.  I suspect you would need to mount the trigger in the back half so you could attach the LED to the rear window - probably using double sided tape.  The hotshoe cable would also need to be long enough so you could fit it to the hotshoe when assembling the housing.

You might try contacting Turtle and UWT for advice?

Otherwise I believe you can get an M14 or M16 fibre optic port and you would need to drill and tap a hole to instal it.  You could always email Gates to ask for advice?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris!

could be a good idea passing the light through, from the trigger to the flash using the viewfinder window!

Otherwise may i can replace the front filter trigger, with m14-16 fiber optic port without drill anything...

I have seen that GATES in the housing for ax700 has put a port at the bottom after the buttons on the right side of the viewfinder...I will send an email to Gates 

I thank you for your advice!

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.