Skip to content

Jurgen

Members

Everything posted by Jurgen

  1. Hi everyone, I'm a software developer and passionate diver, and I'm currently experimenting with image-processing algorithms for underwater photography. I'm also working on automatic marine-life species recognition, so I'm interested in images from a wide range of underwater environments and subjects. I'm looking for some real-world underwater images to work with — ideally original/RAW images, but edited images could also be interesting for comparison. I'm particularly interested in challenging images with colour casts, backscatter, low contrast, or loss of red colours. If anyone has a few older images they'd be willing to share for this kind of experimentation, I'd be very grateful. The images would only be used for testing and learning, and I would of course not publish or use anyone's photos without permission. If I get interesting results, I'd be happy to share the before/after results and what I learned back in the thread, so that others can see what different approaches can achieve. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help! Best regards, Jurgen
  2. Hi everyone, I’m from Austria and have been a software developer for around 30 years. I’m also a passionate diver and have been increasingly fascinated by underwater photography over the years. What I love about underwater photography is that it combines two things I really enjoy: being underwater and the technical and creative challenge of capturing what you see down there. I’m particularly interested in learning more about the different approaches people use for shooting and processing underwater images. There is clearly a lot to learn, especially when it comes to colour, lighting, composition and getting the most out of an image after the dive. I joined WaterPixels because I’d like to connect with other underwater photographers, learn from their experience and share some of my own experiences along the way. Looking forward to getting to know the community! Best regards, Jurgen

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.