Skip to content

How do you edit your underwater shots? What drives you nuts?

Featured Replies

Hi,

I'm curious how you edit your underwater photos and videos:

- What are you using? Lightroom, Capture One, RapidRAW, Davinci Resolve, something else?

- What annoys you about your workflow?

- What's missing? Anything you wish your software could do for underwater shots?

- What do you love about your setup and would never give up?

Quick bit about me: I've used Capture One and Lightroom for years, and now I'm building my own editing app just for divers and underwater shooters.

I want it to tackle the stuff that really bugs people.

So any input is welcome, even small gripes or half-baked ideas.

Thanks!

Scuba.com
  • Author

Hi @Gmsalterego ,

Thanks for the info and you miss anything or something you don't like about your workflow?

I use Pinnacle Studio - mostly because I have been using it for years, so I understand their user interface. I tried using DaVinci Resolve and the learning curve was too much, so I went back to Pinnacle Studio. I can see why people like Resolve, and may switch at some future time if Studio is discontinued, but for now at least, I will continue using it just because it is the path of least resistance and works for me.

  • Author

I was using Pinnacle Studio back in the days also.

Lightroom since 1.0. And, maybe minority view, I think the subscription is actually good value. 😝

I honestly struggle to think of anything I can’t do or that could be significantly better. I guess a lot of that is just that I’ve been using it so long!

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.