Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your favourite shot of 2006

Started by Rocha ·

  • 134Posts
  • 134Replies

Read-only discussion

Your favourite shot of 2006

134 posts
  1. Maybe not my best technically, but certainly my favorite. It helps to have a subject that really, really wants its picture taken. :wacko:

     

    DSC2516.jpg

     

    Clinton

  2. I switched to digital underwater just this year. I joined a workshop at a local swimming pool to test my shiny new camera. It was first time I shot digital uw, first time I used fisheye and first time with no TTL option.

    Almost a year later I can some things I could improve in this shot, but it was the first photo ever that I got a reward for (Coolpix plus housing for Picture of the Month in Nurkowanie magazine). I guess it's enough to call it my favourite shot of 2006 :wacko:

     

    2006-01%20Warsztaty%20-%20dzien%202%206.jpg

  3. 326397494_78434bb5fd_o.jpg

     

     

    This is by far my favourite image that I have taken this year .. so many great memories from possibly the best dive trip I could imagine doing.

     

    I am completely ready for more now .. my first dive trip started on a high .. the rest have to match up !

     

    The reason for this being my favourite is not because it is a humpback whale .. nor because it is my best shot from my first ever dive trip (I have no idea which is my best still waiting on hard drive to be recovered so I can convert properly rather than the rush job i did thats on flickr) The real reason this is my favourite is it was a complete accident of a shot that happened moments before i thought I was going to die as this whale decided to start moving and apparently wanted to land on me ... or at least that is how it seemed my first time having been around such a creature. Amazing .. truely amazing experience. I'll always remember it.

    Edited by Giles
  4. It is hard to choose a single shot, but if I had to pick one, It would probably be this. It isn't particularly unusual or technically challenging, but I like the bright colors and it makes me smile. It certainly doesn't compare to some of the beautiful images I have seen on this forum but it will always evoke memories of a wonderful trip to Kapalai and Sipidan. It is also easily accessible to nondiver and nonphotogs.

     

    246270415_d09bd5b52c_o.jpg

    Edited by drsteve
  5. post-5530-1166514396_thumb.jpgpost-5530-1166514396_thumb.jpgWhile I usually tend to be more drawn towards fish portraits and simple shots, the chaos in this one makes it my favorite shot in 2006. It was pretty exciting when all these fish started going after some eggs on the reef. I never really got the lighting quite right because I was afraid the whole scene would be over before I could get it right... just a factor of inexperience.

     

    Fiji, September. First trip with the D200.

     

    Edited by diveh2o
  6. Giles, was this taken in Turks and Caicos? Great shot.

    Roger the chaos of colour is awesome, I'm hoping to get to Fiji in 2008.

  7. Here is one of my favorite photos from 2006...

     

    david3ct7.jpg

     

    I had never imagine that a flounder can have such a big mouth :wacko:

     

    David

  8. Giles, was this taken in Turks and Caicos? Great shot.
    Thanks .. and No it wasn't taken in Turks .. it was in South Africa during the Sardine Run.

     

    Oh and shots I love so far ... Larry .. that is one of the coolest diver shots I have seen in a while .. very provoking.

     

     

    and Craig .. I love your cheating .. your fave topside shot ... cool cool cool .. reminds me of a Cathy Church shot of barracudas

  9. My favorite keeps changing throughout the year. More on mood I guess. Anyway, I like this one lately.

     

     

    DSC_9799_snail_shrimp-640.jpg

    Rand

    Edited by randapex
  10. WOW! Some fantastic shots here everybody! Keep them coming! :wacko:

  11. my favourite is this of elli my gaurdian engel, she keeps me out of trouble

    Elli_La-Palma_Los-Cancajos20600.jpg

     

    oh ye and this fish

    Anemonen-fish20600.jpg

    luv breakin rules ;)

     

    :wacko: Ted

    Edited by Elli and Ted
  12. For me Antarctica was my best trip I think. But Mozambique comes very close

     

    _D217874.jpg

     

    _D217879.jpg

     

    _D217885.jpg

    Edited by cronix
  13. Well after the previous post I feel like I'm trying to hang my finger painting up next to the Mona Lisa :wacko:

    However this was my first ever underwater pics outside of a swimming pool and my first swim with the Manatees. After shooting a pic of my friend I stopped to fiddle with the camera settings. As I looked up, I saw this behemoth coming at me out of the abyss. The picture was just before sun up and the viz was terrible but the Manatees were worth the 3am wakeup, subsequent 2 hour drive and 70 degree water in a 3mil for over 2 hours. This was my first ever Manatee Pic and remains my favorite underwater pic of 2006.

    post-5434-1166573496_thumb.jpg

  14. Mine is definately the one I won the Dutch championship with:

     

    My favorite conditions: Nice animals in murky conditions

     

    NK%202006%20groothoek%20zonder%20model.jpg

  15. Took ages for this guy to get comfortable with me being so close at the surface.

     

    Reflections_Greenturtle.jpg

     

    Regards

    Gary

  16. cay2399.jpg

     

    This is my favorite because I love the color and the little boogers are camera shy!

  17. Wow.. some awesome shots here...

     

    322637892_496dee736f.jpg

     

    Probably my fav from Indonesia last week for the CUUUUUUUUUTTTTeeeeenesssssssss factor

     

    www.flickr.com/photos/alextattersall

  18. I know it's not original, nor technically great but after two trips to PNG it is my favourite.

     

    Proud-Pygmy.jpg

  19. Oh nice stuff, guys!

    I remeber the last year presentation and want to participate this time.

    This year I first time saw pigmy, so this picture made me very happy although I saw better pigmy shots. This is why I am posting 2 images... hope you like them.

     

    1166700446.jpg

     

    1166701245.jpg

     

    Looking forward more great images

  20. For me Antarctica was my best trip I think. But Mozambique comes very close

     

    _D217885.jpg

     

    unbelievable shot, congrats

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.