Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your favourite shot of 2006

Started by Rocha ·

  • 134Posts
  • 134Replies

Read-only discussion

Your favourite shot of 2006

134 posts
  1. I Concur..

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. Sydney Australia February 2006

    Leafy Sea Dragon and a Diver

     

    SYD001.JPG

     

    Maybe not my best shot in 2006 but indeed my favorite because of the sea dragon and the look in the diver eyes.

    Edited by segal3
  3. There are some truly awesome images here; I'm both inspired and humbled :D

     

    This is one of my favourites of 2006: I took in January & it's the Ghiannis D on Abu Nahas reef in the northern Red Sea. I was torn between trying to photograph the dolphin and just enjoying the interaction; she certainly wanted to play with me!

     

    A memorable dive.

     

    typhoon28.jpg

     

    superb!!!!!!!

  4. One of my favorite.

     

    DSC_1309.jpg

  5. typhoon28.jpg

     

    that is AWESOME!

     

    Agreed! WOW!

  6. My favorite is this one...

     

    "Golfinhos" Bay - Fernando de Noronha -Brazil

     

     

     

     

    post-8296-1167005696_thumb.jpg

  7. Not my best or most artistic photo of the year, but how many of us have a group shot of our spouse, children, and father together on a beautiful reef in the Bahamas? That's why it's my favorite of 2006!

     

    westpalmjuly2006crw_0842a.jpg

  8. Awesome Pics, I have truely enjoyed reading through this thread.

     

     

    post-6271-1167087835_thumb.jpg

     

    Just took this one least week in Provo, Turks & Caicos.

     

    Take care,

    John

  9. Sydney Australia February 2006

    Leafy Sea Dragon and a Diver

     

    SYD001.JPG

     

    Maybe not my best shot in 2006 but indeed my favorite because of the sea dragon and the look in the diver eyes.

     

    Hey cool pic...but that's Common Weedy Sea Dragon and not a leafy one I think :D

  10. Good catch but still a winner

  11. Not the best photo I took this year, but I like it b/c it's not often you get to spend an hour+ with a herd this big. Was really early in the morning though, so minimal light

     

    Cheers,

     

    Tony

    post-3350-1167105800_thumb.jpg

  12. Hey cool pic...but that's Common Weedy Sea Dragon and not a leafy one I think :lol:

     

    Indeed its a weedy :D I wish it was a leafy :D:(

  13. There are so many incredible images here. What an amazing community we have, it is such a privelige to be a part of it. Thanks for sharing all your photos, I've really enjoyed looking through them.

     

    I'm reluctant to single any images out as favourites so far, but I can't resist mentioning these superb shots which really took my breath away: Luiz's opening jelly (with those beautiful sunbeams); Wil Chen's mantas; Jenny Huang's beautiful and personality-filled boxfish; Bruce Yates' moody shark; Supermodel's humpback; Ralphy's dolphin and wreck; and Arnon's haunting crinoid and diver - wow!

     

    Mike - I would have thought your arm would be extremely muscular as a result of your imbibing excercises! :D I love your little mohawk man and it was clearly worth holding the camera vertical for all that time!

     

    And before I link to every other post in this thread, I'd like to thank Andre for sharing his leopard work - simply incredible mate!

     

    Finally, I refuse to link to Dave Burroughs's orcas because... well because I'm just too jealous! :D:(

     

    OK, now for my favourite. Bit hard to decide... and even though this is a nemo, it brings back memories of a great trip - our first diving holiday where I had a camera I could actually take underwater with me! This underwater game requires a whole lot more gear than my normal topside stuff, but boy is it fun!!

     

    334988448_0f744ee698.jpg

    10.5 mm with Magic Filter

    Edited by anthp
  14. My first trip with my housing, actually my first diving trip too. UW photography is nothing like on land, it’s almost like starting over. Biggest lesson learned so far is take the lap top! I was trying to cut down on what I was carrying and I regretted not being able to review my shots every day, on the other hand it was nice to be almost completely unplugged for more than a week. Anyway this is definitely my favorite shot so far.

    BonaireHello2.jpg

  15. I wasn't sure if I wanted to post anything under this topic because some of the other pictures are really stunning. They give me something to strive toward. You guys are incredible. Then I thought that it would give me something to look back on after I have converted over to my new dSLR!

     

    This picture reminds me of a wonderful dive vacation that my wife and I spent in Key Largo and Key West. I know that "The Christ of the Deep" statue has been photographed thousands of times, but I just had to have one of my own. So, here goes...

    post-6097-1167370697_thumb.jpg

    Edited by IMSushi
  16. I did my first trip to Alaska in June 2006 aboard the Nautilus Explorer. The marine life was amazing and I would recommend the trip to any advanced diver who wants to experience cold water diving.

     

    Phil Rudin

    post-2618-1167407677_thumb.jpg

  17. here's my contribution, at last i managed to get one yawning :rolleyes:

     

     

    _k8t8885.jpg

  18. here's mine

    nuoto12aj2.jpg

  19. Fish Rock is close to half way between Brisbane and Sydney on the East coast of Australia and one of my favourite dive sites in the state of New South Wales.

     

    Along with Nelson Bay, Solitary Islands and Byron Bay it makes an awesome diving road trip from Sydney to Brisbane

     

    The Fish Rock site is famous for Grey Nurse Sharks (Raggy Tooth / Sand Tiger Sharks) and a fantastic swim through / cave that runs from one side of the Rock to the other.

     

    It is also home to several large Black Cod....and its hard to get a decent shot of them, so this one is my favourite because at last I got a half decent shot....with a Black Cod in it :rolleyes:

     

    CodintheCave.jpg

     

    It was a "lucky shot", I had entered via the shallow end of the cave and looked back over my shoulder to see this, one shot opportunity and thankfully settings were right and it worked.

     

    Thank you Ike for thinking it was good enough to put on your website, a huge honour from a legend! RIP.

     

    Some more details on the Fish Rock site here, http://www.southwestrocksdive.com.au/

     

    Happy New Year everyone.

     

    Aengus

  20. Hi everyone,

     

    Here's my favourite for 2006, taken on my trip to Lembeh straits from 13-18 Dec.

     

    336042659_81e613cb03_o.jpg

     

    Photo taken with a Canon A620 and Inon D2000 strobe which didn't fire. You should have seen the original jpg!

     

    More photos here: http://www.antacid.os3.sg/site/Dive.htm

     

    P.S: Here's my fave macro shot!

     

    336043578_d997eab7e6_o.jpg

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.