Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your favourite shot of 2006

Started by Rocha ·

  • 134Posts
  • 134Replies

Read-only discussion

Your favourite shot of 2006

134 posts
  1. The 2006 Wetpixel Bahamas trip with Jim Abernethy was the best trip ever for me. It is unlike any other

    trip because you are with these really BIG animals. I was pretty nervous and hope to get better images

    this coming year. I'm about 8 trips behind in the sorts but an image of a lemon shark from the Bahamas

    trip stands out. I've blown this one up and its tack sharp....also got to meet the Wetpixel triumvariate in

    one place at the same time....

    post-2972-1166809294_thumb.jpg

  2. Bahamas shark trip aboard Shearwater...took lots of tiger shots, but I like the mood of this reef shark shot best of anything I took on that trip.

     

    2006-03-18-1DsII-16mm-5076-BW.jpg

    Edited by bmyates
  3. Here's my favorite shot:

    164385496_25e7f691cc.jpg

    Edited by WillyVolk
  4. This is my favorite shot of the year. It wasn't until I was reviewing on the laptop that I noticed the eggs.

     

    post-4009-1166831303_thumb.jpg

  5. Absolutely stunning!

     

    Took ages for this guy to get comfortable with me being so close at the surface.

     

    Reflections_Greenturtle.jpg

     

    Regards

    Gary

  6. My favourite shot of 2006....

     

    I love macros and Christmas tree worms are some of my favourite subjects....

    I love the colours, DOF and composition here and it even got published in a magazine!

     

    149053241_0a40b972e1_o.jpg

  7. This was taken in the Maldives and it was my first time seeing mantas... I was awestruck by these creatures.

     

    original.jpg

  8. What a fun way to wrap up the year, to see all these beautiful images!

     

    I have many favorites this year. But some of the most awesome diving I've done this year was a few manta night dives in Kona, Hawaii over Thanksgiving.

     

    310086525_ca0544e459.jpg

  9. Here is my sorta fav shot.

     

    Joe

    post-1513-1166896234_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Kelpfish
  10. My favorite this year.

    satil.jpg

  11. Not the best but probably my favorite

    Billpost-141-1166907448_thumb.jpg

  12. This was my favorite for the year, taken during a dive at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, where I work as a volunteer diver. The animal is Calypso, a green sea turtle that was rescued off Long Island about four years ago. She had a severe infection in the left front flipper, which had to be amputated to save the animal's life. She now lives in the Wings in Water exhibit with about 45 stingrays, a couple of sharks and about five tarpon. She eats lettuce, green peppers, brussels sprouts and cabbage. She loves to have her back scratched.

    post-7172-1166908857_thumb.jpg

  13. Hi Wetpeople!

     

    This is my first post here, so: happy me! Spectacular thread this is, could not miss to contribute :D

     

    I've started uw photography this year, and the portrait of this guy was taken on the second trip (to Krk, Croatia) with my D200 in it's Ikelite housing. Many firsts, this was also the first time a saw a yellow seahorse, so I was totally happy! Poseing like a real "badguy"...

     

    post-6784-1166909840_thumb.jpg

     

    The just before this dive I saw a D70 being flooded, well, not a happy sight...

     

    So hi you all, here I am, hope to be posting now and then!!! And once again: wonderful pictures posted in this thread, real inspiration for the future, keep them coming, thx again!

     

     

    ...and merry christmas 4all!

     

    Csaba (zook)

    www.csabatokolyi.com

  14. Here is my favorite shot . :D

     

    Cheers,

     

    297423363_f9125024b3.jpg

  15. This is from a few days ago and is one of my faves from this year

    327658196_ca15fc0606_o.jpg

     

    Merry Christmas everyone.

  16. Amigos,

     

    Great pics, and it is nice to see so many shooters having fun in 2006.

     

    Picking one is hard! So to throw everyone a curve my pick is a recent creation of my amigo, Lazaro Ruda in August in the Bahamas. But with a "twist" of course :D

     

    Being a Mac guy I am still amazed at all you can do with lowly underated Apple programs, included on every Mac. This year I usualy never even left iPhoto for image manipulation be it "normal" or as you see represented here...

     

    Looking forward to seeing what people produce in 2007!

     

    David Haas

     

    post-244-1166931335_thumb.jpg

  17. There are some truly awesome images here; I'm both inspired and humbled :D

     

    This is one of my favourites of 2006: I took in January & it's the Ghiannis D on Abu Nahas reef in the northern Red Sea. I was torn between trying to photograph the dolphin and just enjoying the interaction; she certainly wanted to play with me!

     

    A memorable dive.

     

    typhoon28.jpg

  18. My favourite of the year.

     

    post-2339-1166963348_thumb.jpg

  19. typhoon28.jpg

     

    that is AWESOME!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.