Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your favourite shot of 2006

Started by Rocha ·

  • 134Posts
  • 134Replies

Read-only discussion

Your favourite shot of 2006

134 posts
  1. so many great shots everyone! lets see some more

  2. I've been diving the pinnacles around San Miguel Island (near Santa Barbara, Southern California) for years, trying to get a wide angle scenic that does the area justice. Conditions were great this day, and we hit a new spot (near Wilson's rock) that had a lot of hydrocoral. This image finally captures the life and color that shows why it's my favorite local destination.

     

    san_miguel_scenic_RCarlson_P9081196.jpg

     

    (so as not to cheat, my other favorites from the year are here: My favorites from 2006)

  3. I had an "interesting" 2006, to say the least, resulting in only one dive trip for 2006.

     

    This was my first trip with the D2Xs. I had a shot in mind and spent a couple of days working on getting it. Seen the behavior many times, but this was my first successful attempt at recording it.

    post-1411-1167685815_thumb.jpg

  4. Here is my latest from Dominica.. This December

     

    Joe

     

    DSC_0499b.jpg

    Edited by samplin
  5. Had a fantastic year with many highlights, learnt a lot, and this pic rates as my favourite for 2006.

     

    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/121/273905527_3151e96ac9.jpg

     

    Can't seem to get the image to appear, what am I doing wrong :{ ?

    post-6887-1167754651_thumb.jpg

    Edited by rogerhorrocks
  6. a lot of beautiful shots... great topic !

     

    my one is not really a one shot picture... but it's one picture B)

     

    Rubis_VF4.jpg

  7. now that is a cool ass panorama .. wow .. how many shots .. and was it a lot of work to make it look so good when stiched together ?

  8. now that is a cool ass panorama .. wow .. how many shots .. and was it a lot of work to make it look so good when stiched together ?

    80 shots during the dive... 30 selected for the final picture and about 50 hours to do that work ! That's it :rolleyes:

  9. Taken at the end of 2006 under challenging conditions: low grey clouds, rain and in a British quarry with 20m+ walls. I've used all of the knowledge that I gained during the year to make an ambient light shot at high ASA equivalent with a Greenwater Magic filter, processed with NoiseNinja on my lovely MacPro (Windows no more!). I enjoyed this more than any one shot from Bikini or the Red Sea (sad...).

     

    post-4522-1167772270_thumb.jpg

     

    Tim

     

    B)

     

    But the sub...

     

    ... I'm blown away.

     

    Tim

     

    B)

  10. Straight from the camera, no cropping, just reduced resolution to 1200 pixels wide. I love this shot for its looks and also because it is such an improvement over the shots I was taking when I took my camera down for the first time only 7 days before. dSLR + laptop is one hell of a rewarding learning experience.

     

    post-5225-1167772926_thumb.jpg

     

    Seaweed Blenny - Puerto Escondido (~40km west of Varadero, Cuba)

     

    Bart

  11. Well, as someone who's only been on a few dives, and only with DISPOSABLE cameras, I can't hold a torch to anyone else here, but here's one of my favorites from Fiji...

     

    post-8501-1167787681_thumb.jpg

     

    Also, I love that this place has a Guinness emoticon. :rolleyes:

  12. Claude, that sub pano is simply stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

    What vision!

     

    Carry on...

  13. Yes Claude that is a very cool shot.....shots.....well done... :rolleyes:

     

    Would like that on my wall.

  14. I agree with everyone else. That submarine panorama is truly amazing. Great work, Claude!

  15. a lot of beautiful shots... great topic !

     

    my one is not really a one shot picture... but it's one picture B)

     

    Claude,

     

    I think you win.... B) , if there is a winner!! :rolleyes:

     

    Can we have some more data/history on that sub!!!!

     

    Just the coolest shot I've seen in a long time! Now all you need is a pod of dolphin in front of it (collaborate w/ralphy..... ;) )

     

    Carol

  16. yep, that sub kicks butt!

     

    where?

  17. Extremely cool Claude - WELL worth the effort!

  18. Would like that on my wall.

    in about 2 weeks, would be possible to order it... ;)

     

    Can we have some more data/history on that sub!!!!

    le Rubis : It's one of the famoust french sub from the second world war as it destroyed a significant number of german boats ! It's now one of the nicest wreck in the Mediterranean Sea...

     

    Just the coolest shot I've seen in a long time! Now all you need is a pod of dolphin in front of it (collaborate w/ralphy..... :D )

    There was some... but I had to explain them that I don't want anybody on that picture ! :glare: :D

     

    where?

    In France... near Saint-Tropez ! There are some awesome wrecks in that area...

    Edited by Claude
  19. taken byron bay new southwales australia343858943_7604e23c6b_m.jpg

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.