I talked with LC last week and he said they are still working on the 10bar GF1 Housing, trying to get it lighter and improve controls, etc. The list is $750 plus probably a small shipping surcharge. I will stock them most likely.
As far as Fantasea/10Bar quality, I've been a dealer for Fantasea for some time now. I would agree, they've had their problems and were buying from 10Bar. The problems were with the DSLR plastic housings, mainly very inconsistent quality control. Fantasea stopped making/distributing DSLR housings a while back and I think is vastly cutting back on P&S housings as well, although will still come out with a couple of new ones each product cycle for a while. For the most part the P&S housings have been ok, but quality is on/off sometimes. At least they warranty them along with free flood insurance, so no one has really been out anything.
I'm easing into 10Bar, I am impressed with LC's engineering - he's very innovative and creative in his approach. This latest series of aluminum housings - particularly the LX3 - have been pretty well received (with continued improvements) and other dealers have reported good results.
That's about as honest an assessment as I can give.
Jack










