Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus OM-D E-M5

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 779Posts
  • 779Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus OM-D E-M5

779 posts
  1. Storker,

    I never use the scenes, but all scene modes supports RAW shooting except for the 3D scene.

    I suggest that you go for the 4" dome and Panasonic 8mm - A great lens :)

  2. Storker,

    I suggest that you go for the 4" dome and Panasonic 8mm - A great lens smile.png

     

    Here are some new photos taken in Mexiko underwater with the 8mm Pana and the 4" dome. I totally agree - a great lens :-)

     

    http://marine-snapshots.com/galleries/Mexiko/

     

    cheers,

    Conny

  3. Hello Conny, nice pics in Mexico indeed... :) !!! how were you able to do the panoramics with that lens ?

  4. Hello Conny, nice pics in Mexico indeed... smile.png !!! how were you able to do the panoramics with that lens ?

     

    The panoramics are only topside and done with the 9-18 Olympus lens and stitched in Photoshop. The 8mm Panasonic offers a diagonal angle of view of 180 degrees - so perfect for Cenotes to get the big entries in a single shot.

  5. Here are some new photos taken in Mexiko underwater with the 8mm Pana and the 4" dome. I totally agree - a great lens :-)

     

    http://marine-snapsh...lleries/Mexiko/

     

    Very nice! How many strobes and what kind of strobes did you use for the cave shots?

  6. I used 2x Inon D2000 und 2x Inon S2000. Two of them fixed on my rig and the other handheld or placed at the buttom.

  7. Some Mexico shots have the Woooowww factor from my point of view !!

  8. my congratulations Conny, The pics are gorgeous!!!!

  9. Hi, thought I would share a few from my recent trip to curacao. These are with the 12-50 lens in the dedicated port/gear. the first of the cleaner shrimp is almost at 1:1 macro inside an anemone. The second of the featherduster shows some decent cfwa functionality, the third of the sponges is the tradtional semi-wide.

     

    This is a very versatile and useful rig.

    post-34289-0-96799400-1356185003_thumb.jpg

    post-34289-0-27813100-1356185050_thumb.jpg

    post-34289-0-89564200-1356185111_thumb.jpg

  10. A couple of more: very glad to be sharing photos!

    post-34289-0-21111800-1356185279_thumb.jpg

    post-34289-0-39036100-1356185315_thumb.jpg

    post-34289-0-16132000-1356185350_thumb.jpg

  11. Great pictures!

     

    At such a wide angle end, 24mm equiv, traditionally, one would want a dome port, to get good optical quality.

     

    Can you see any down side, of using the 12-50 behind a flat port? Full res, If you pixel peep at the corners, is there any chromatic aberration?

     

    Thanks!

  12. i have been using it successfully as well and the quality is good but you will see some aberration that u can easily fix in a good photo SW program.

    Pity they did not use a dome port for this combo. It would have been workable with macro and addon lenses if they wanted. But is a very versatile lens and port indeed!

  13. Hi nudibranco, before I used it, I had thought the same about a dome, but the close focus of the macro is about 2.5 inches and I think a dome would not allow the full macro functionality or would be too close to many subjects (cannot imagine getting the shrimp or interior of the feather duster with any sort of dome/diopter setup). Now that I have used it, I am glad Nauti chose to maximize the macro by going with a flat port even at some slight disadvantage on the wide side. Is it perfect, of course not, but it's close.

  14. Is anybody shooting wrecks with an OMD? If you are it would be really nice to see some images and read about rigs used. Thanks in advance. Tim

  15. For all the OM-D Users:

     

    Happy New Year! Best wishes for 2013. may God bless you all with health, prosperity and happiness...

    post-37661-0-42628700-1356990838_thumb.jpg

  16. For all the OM-D Users:

     

    Happy New Year! Best wishes for 2013. may God bless you all with health, prosperity and happiness...

     

    Ha! LOL. The same to you.

    Bob

  17. Happy new year everyone!

     

    I want to ask around and see if anyone experienced skipping dials on the housing? My OM-D housing started to skip on the thumb dial (when you hold it normally) and I can't see any issues with the gear inside. I am just curious to see if there is any trick to it. I dove with it for < 10 dives before it happened. Thanks.

  18. Happy new year to all OMD users , including of course our dear leader Dr Alex Mustard that I thank again for all the help he gave us smile.png

     

     

    8331357469_db339aca44_z.jpg

  19. Happy new year everyone!

     

    I want to ask around and see if anyone experienced skipping dials on the housing? My OM-D housing started to skip on the thumb dial (when you hold it normally) and I can't see any issues with the gear inside. I am just curious to see if there is any trick to it. I dove with it for < 10 dives before it happened. Thanks.

     

    No skipping on mine, but the thumb (rear) dial came off on mine. From various threads, I see that this is a pretty common problem and the solution is to glue it on with crazy glue or something solid. From the factory, it is only stuck on with a piece of double-stick tape or something similarly flimsy. I think the pressure of the housing operating wheel pushes up on the dial and causes it to come loose, not somthing that would happen in normal use on land.

     

    The skipping might be the dlal just beginning to come loose. I would check that. If that is not then issue, then contact the dealer who sold you the housing.

  20. Here are some new photos taken in Mexiko underwater with the 8mm Pana and the 4" dome. I totally agree - a great lens :-)

     

    http://marine-snapsh...lleries/Mexiko/

     

    cheers,

    Conny

     

    One shot there....ure out of this world! The ladder up to the world....

    looks excellent.

    Edited by DamonA

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.