Going Miles Below

👋 Hi folks, I am excited to join a like-minded community of underwater aficionados and photographic explorers. My name is Miles, and I fell in love with Scuba in Jamaica in 1988. I first worked with 35mm film and slides on liveaboards Australia in the late 90s, then spent time teaching in freezing lakes and Emerald Oceans on the west coast of Canada. I spent a year with Ocean Frontiers in Grand Cayman (where I was inspired by watching Alex Mustard and David Doubilet wield their magic) 

It has been amazing to see how much the underwater photographic community has grown and all the fantastic photos you have shared here and on other forums. Today, I have a little over 7,000 dives in 20 countries, and my favourite underwater spots are Galapagos, Raja Ampat, and God's Pocket here in my own backyard in BC.  There is still so much to see and explore. Places still on my list to explore are the Red Sea, Maldives, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Cocos Islands and Antarctica.

I look forward to sharing and seeing your thoughts and where I should go next in the forums. 

My current kit (I'm going mirrorless soon) includes a Canon 1DX MKII, Nauticam Housing, WACP-1, and Macro kits, as well as Keldan 10K lights, Original Retro strobes, and a snoot.

🤿 Happy Exploring everyone!

• Like 3