Supe UM5.5

17 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:

After positive discussion I have ordered this monitor and should have it next week

Not sure I will be testing it in Grenada as this is a a photo orientated trip and I prefer not to test equipment on trips

Side by side with Shinobi real world use comp will be interesting 🙂 

17 hours ago, Davide DB said:

Let us know your impression on desktop use 🙂

Will surely take it to the pool in a few weeks

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the unit. It is heavy however I can confirm the ergonomics work very well and I expect to work well with gloves too.

The display is extremely bright

One challenge is that zebra stop at 100% the display does not support out of legal range zebra (which is also an issue on atomos but that stops at 105% and on the ninja you can legalise)

Functionality seems complete and very solid.

This is an initial topside view need to check on underwater more in depth literally

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally set up the monitor it is heavy but nothing to worry too much and quite negative

Negative things 

Zebra goes to 100% (atomos to 105% both useless)

The battery placement is poor

Positive

It is very bright

All exposure controls are good except zebra and false colour is indeed very good

The ergonomics of the command are good

It is not expensive

Now if someone would explain to Sony how to implement HDMI out because frankly this company is hopeless. It reminds me why I use the EVF/LCD

You set HDMI out so you can see the level and this genius camera outputs the HDMI at 3:2 like the LCD so the screen is tiny this is SO STUPID it is Sony

On 6/7/2024 at 7:21 PM, Interceptor121 said:

I have finally set up the monitor it is heavy but nothing to worry too much and quite negative

Negative things 

Zebra goes to 100% (atomos to 105% both useless)

The battery placement is poor

Positive

It is very bright

All exposure controls are good except zebra and false colour is indeed very good

The ergonomics of the command are good

It is not expensive

Now if someone would explain to Sony how to implement HDMI out because frankly this company is hopeless. It reminds me why I use the EVF/LCD

You set HDMI out so you can see the level and this genius camera outputs the HDMI at 3:2 like the LCD so the screen is tiny this is SO STUPID it is Sony

Sony indeed output exactly what sensor offers. Clean 16:9 for videos and 3:2 for stills. Off course you would have to opt for clean HDMI and have your controls on the camera screen. If you want to see controls then sony outputs its rear screen exactly as you see it - which is useful for some and not for others.

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.