Easydive Leo3 Wi- yay or nay?

Hey all

Is there an Easydive housing user here who can give a review for this housing? Is this housing still good in 2024?

I have a sony a6300 with fantasea housing, and I really like the idea of not having to change the housing when I change camera body (let's say from a6300 to a6700 or a7iv).

Does anyone knows how the port system works or what is the difference between the different housings they offer?

I know people who use it and particularly with an A7RIV. 
When you change the camera you have to change the electronic circuit that controls the camera at a price usually around 500 euros.
IIRC you don't have 100 percent complete camera control but for extra features you have the ability to access the menus in a non-intuitive way. In short you have the advantage of being able to change the camera while keeping the housing but you certainly don't have the immediacy of mechanical controls. A friend of mine had the old version for 15 years changing 3 camera bodies.
For the ports I can't tell you the quality of the Easydive ones. The users I know all use old Igloo/Underwave crystal ports that are compatible. 
But maybe the old Isotta Igloo and Easydive ports had a common system. I am too young. 

I'll give you other info asap

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davide DB said:

I know people who use it and particularly with an A7RIV. 
When you change the camera you have to change the electronic circuit that controls the camera at a price usually around 500 euros.
IIRC you don't have 100 percent complete camera control but for extra features you have the ability to access the menus in a non-intuitive way. In short you have the advantage of being able to change the camera while keeping the housing but you certainly don't have the immediacy of mechanical controls. A friend of mine had the old version for 15 years changing 3 camera bodies.
For the ports I can't tell you the quality of the Easydive ones. The users I know all use old Igloo/Underwave crystal ports that are compatible. 
But maybe the old Isotta Igloo and Easydive ports had a common system. I am too young. 

I'll give you other info asap

thank you!

so far, I couldn't find too much information and non-affiliated reviews, but from what I read so far, the opinions are somewhere in the middle about the concept of this housing, and no one talked about the quality of the glass or housing itself and the compatibility of the port system. 

• Thanks For Your Support

backscatter_block.gif Fotosubshop_Logo_Longnew.png
    isotta_logo.png INONlogo_Waterpixel.jpg
    marelux.gif nauticam_WPX.jpg
    RPV Banner.png Retra2.png
    SeaandSeaLogo.png turtlelogo.png
    image001.png image.png

image.png
    XRAY Magazine

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.