Focus light not working on Z-330

Hi all,

I have a pair of Z-330 and the focus light stopped working in one of them.

I have disassembled the magnetic switch and It is ok, I tried with another switch and the problem persist. 

Does anyone know a solution, or have I to send It for service??

Thank you in advance!!!

Edited by wetdreams

5 hours ago, wetdreams said:

I don't have a dedicated focus light, so I like It especially for macro...

Ok then, do you need two focus lights? 

Using a focus light on a strobe means you have to point the strobe directly at your subject. This is rarely the best way to light a subject. You really should get a dedicated and more functional focus light anyways.

4 hours ago, Dave_Hicks said:

This is rarely the best way to light a subject.

Thanks for the advice Dave, I was planning to use It remote with a snoot, so I thought the focus light could help to point the snoot. And, in case I want to sell It, better working properly. So, if there is a chance to fix the focus light, It would be nice...

If the magnet won't activate the switch then it likely needs replacing.  I assume you've tried swapping with a known working magnet and swapped the magnet out from the bad strobe to another one to prove it's not the magnet.  If this is the case there's nothing else you could do externally and you'll need to find a repair agent.  It should be a relatively simple repair too replace the switch for a service agent.

Thank you Chris. Yes, I swapped to a known working magnet, with no success, so I assume the problem is the internal switch. I will look for a technical service in Spain.

Best Regards.

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.