Donuts and Coke for the win in Bali

Reporting a short dive trip to Bali couple of weeks ago. Stayed with Utama resort, and overall quite happy with the arrangement. My last trip to Bali was ten years ago, and in this period, it seems to have turned into much more of a macro, I might even say, ultra macro, destination. Guides compete to find the smallest of nudibranchs, it seems. My trip blog is here. Feel free to comment on the images - apologies if the download speed is a bit slow. I managed to flood the battery compartment of my YS-01 strobe on one dive. Upon opening, it was a total mess inside, I was not optimistic. But our guide, Jaya, offered to give it a shot.. a shot of good old coke. Soaked it for few hours in coke, rinsed, cleaned, repeat. And amazingly it worked just fine the day after. It was the first can of coke I have bought in a couple of years (being a carbonated water person) - and it was the best coke I might have bought in my life :-).

Anyway, here is a teaser for the trip photos.. a Donut (Doto) nudibranch.

Kind regards,

Ajay

dotoDSC05629.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Back when I was still a youngster and was working as a mechanic at a gas station, we would often use Coke to clean up corroded batteries and battery trays in  cars.  The phosphoric acid in them was good for that.  You do have to thoroughly clean all the sugar out afterwards, though.  A good flushing with clean water was usually sufficient.

• Like 3

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.