Wildlife Photographer of the Year - great exhibit on now in Sydney

I had the great good fortune to wander into the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney last weekend and discover it has a wonderful exhibit ongoing with 100 large format images from the competition.  Among the many stunning images is one by Alex Mustard (gobies on coral) and an amazing portfolio of horseshoe crabs by Laurent Ballesta. As an added bonus, there's also an exhibit on Valerie Taylor that features among other things a good selection of vintage UW photo and video gear, including some very early DIY housings made by Ron Taylor. It will be there until 10 November. If you're in Australia or passing through it's well worth visiting. 

Wildlife Photographer of the Year at the Australian National Maritime Museum

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

In Sydney the images are backlit transparencies, definitely not digital, in a darkened space.  I would have much preferred high quality prints but I suppose to non-photographers the glowing images are more eye catching. 

Edited by Troporobo

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.