Wide Angle Wet Lens Options

Hello

I have an LX100II in a Nauticam housing. I have the WWL-1 (the original model, I picked up used), and I have the float collar for it, so in the water it is neutrally buoyant. But on land and in my luggage, it is MASSIVE and HEAVY. Does anyone have any views on the AOI UWL-09 Pro, in terms of its size and its optical performance? 

• Like 1

@Basil I have the WWL-1, too. It is a good chunk of glass, but if you're looking for good wide angle coverage, it's a solid choice. It takes a bit of getting accustomed to its sizeAOI-UWL09-2024-08-15 at 11-52-09 UWL-09 PRO Specification - AOI_UWL-09_PRO_Specification.pdf.png. The AOI UWL-09 is close to the same size:

18 hours ago, Basil said:

Hello

I have an LX100II in a Nauticam housing. I have the WWL-1 (the original model, I picked up used), and I have the float collar for it, so in the water it is neutrally buoyant. But on land and in my luggage, it is MASSIVE and HEAVY. Does anyone have any views on the AOI UWL-09 Pro, in terms of its size and its optical performance? 

I have tested both the AOI and WWL-1 side by side on the same camera system and image quality wise you will see little difference. I like the AOI buoyancy collar best because it is split in half and can be mounted more easily onto the lens. It is also easer to pack because it is two sections rather than one large round ring. 

That being said the new WWL-1B with the built in buoyancy collar and bayonet mounting system would be a better choice between the AOI and Nauticam offerings at the price point. 

• Like 1

You could also use the WWL-C, it's on the port charts and it weighs 1.05kg (vs 1.4kg for WWL-1) and is 156 dia x 78mm with an integrated buoyancy collar.  It requires a different N50 port but it has less zoom range, the reported zoom range is 130-112° (24-30mm zoom).  This compares to the WWL-1 which gets 130-99° coverage (zooms 28-40mm).  The WWL-C would give you the equivalent of around a 14-20mm lens field of view on the LX-100 II, based on horizontal field of view.

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.