Visible scratches on WACP-C

Scratched my WACP and the scratches are visible in the pictures. 

Even more stupid that the scratch happened while checking the equipment in the pool, not while surviving a tiger shark dive. 

Fortunately LR has this new AI-eraser, and this tool works very well. But I‘m stressed. 

Anyone knows how much Nauticam charges for the repair? I‘m pretty sure that only the exchange of the front glass is possible….

GRRRRRRR

• Sad 1

what a bad situation, if they were superficial scratches, you could polish the glass with cerium oxide, they use it to polish scratched glass, but if the groove is deeper, the only solution is to contact a Nauticam dealer and ask for a quotation for replacing the glass dome.

54 minutes ago, Giancarlo M. said:

what a bad situation, if they were superficial scratches, you could polish the glass with cerium oxide, they use it to polish scratched glass, but if the groove is deeper, the only solution is to contact a Nauticam dealer and ask for a quotation for replacing the glass dome.

The scratches are deep. I‘ll ask Roland from PanOcean….

8 minutes ago, Walt Stearns said:

Question, were you wearing a jewelry - rings, wrist watch, etc. at the time? I have personally found them to a large source of unexplained scratches on dome ports.

Unfortunately the scratches are not unexplained… sharp edge of a concrete wall… I only wear the golden marriage ring, and that one is softer than the glass. I‘ll keep you updated!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, fruehaufsteher2 said:

Got the quote: 700.-€ including sending to Nauticam - all in all. 

Could be worse but nevertheless GRRRRR. 

Not a fun way to spend money, but far better than I expected.  Def worth it.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 8:56 AM, fruehaufsteher2 said:

Unfortunately the scratches are not unexplained… sharp edge of a concrete wall… I only wear the golden marriage ring, and that one is softer than the glass. I‘ll keep you updated!

The reason brought this up, is that personal experience I have had even a gold wedding band leave behind to very visible scratches in a glass dome port. Hence, I not longer wear anything on my fingers or wrist when setting up my camera system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.